• Автор: bill
bill
Эксперт
Отзывов: 0
Бонусы: 0.00
Баллы репутации: 0
Личное сообщение
Тема: how to frame house roof
I had never seen the good old Russian plank roof! I saw a kind of "American" on non-residential premises, but literally there is no plank roof. It used to be a primary shape (after shingles) of the roof and it have lived for a half-century without any Pinoteks or impregnation. There is no waterproof backing under the boards, but it doesn’t leak. I'd like to have it, which I will certainly do. The main fact is take for a cutting good timbers without large knots and rot. You will need a lot, but consider: 1) It is a warm roof. 2) It will be a beautiful form of a Russian house.
buldozer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Тема: Re: how to frame house roof
I'd like to tell you about my framework design. In order to the frame house was strong, and the cost of its construction was minimal, the spans in the rooms must not be longer than the construction of timber (logs or planks), taking into account the thickness of walls. Since the length of a standard board is 6 m., a wall thickness is 170mm, a width is 5,4 - 5,6 m. Based on these requirements, we had to make a load-bearing wall in the middle of the house and move it about the center of house, based on its ceiling beams. A construction of frame. The frame homes can be built by several ways, we have chosen in our view the simplest, most cost-effective and acceptable way for us to build.
First, we make a bottom ledge from the boards 150 x 50 mm. laid on the edge of the finished foundation of home, in our case the pillar. Inside boards of the lower trim are connected to each other at the corners with screws (100-120mm.). The boards are fastened with screws (95 mm.), and then the outside boards.
After the lower trim boards are connected by screws, you should align the upper part of boards by a power planer, check the level, a diagonal and the corners of the bottom frame. Mark the location of the floor lag, make the grooves with a keyhole saw in the internal boards and secure the floor joists to the posts of the basement and the lower ledge.Timbers with a section of 50 x 50 mm, which will be supported on the ends of floor boards you should consolidate around the perimeter to the inside board of the ledge. Pull together, boards with nails of the ledge, using the nails of 200 and 150 mm, staggered at intervals of 50 – 80 cm. During the construction of frame houses, a first thing to do is the floor and then the erection of walls, but as the weather was rainy, we had to change a technology, not to wet the floor boards. In the beginning we had to make walls.
The installation of the OSB we began with the angle secured to the frame corner posts two sheets of OSB we got a base angle from which the sheets were fastened in a circle leaving openings for the windows. With this method of installation of walls we do not need to install the rack holding the frame in the upright position, in the future it will be nothing more than a waste of material, and problems with the installation of insulation in the walls. We made a roof sheathing on the rafters the board 25 x 125 mm at intervals of 8 cm between the boards. We cut the sheathing boards leaving issues over the gables of 30cm. We laid a ruberoid and roofing sheets of onduline. We laid three layers of insulation between the ceiling joists, insulation plates were covered with vellum sheets and closed with OSB on the other side of the house. Once the frame house was covered with a roof and the rain could not stop us to produce the work inside the home. We removed a temporary backup of a large span roof, floor boards were turned face up, they were rallied together and attached to lags with screws into the groove.
baltazar
Эксперт
Благодарил (а): 1 раз
Личное сообщение
The roof was made of aspen shingles, including the domes of the churches. This roof serves longer then a building. But an aspen is selected very carefully, with no signs of rot. And before the laying the aspen logs are dried (an atmospheric drying). About 10 years ago I had read about the church, whose roof was been 300 years from a time of construction. Crowns were changed lower ones, and there is no roof. The people still made of larch shingles (or shingles). About other kinds of wood I do not know.
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
This tile is sold. Its name is "shingle". A quote from the vendor's website:
"The wooden roof of shingles, shingles and clapboards has a long history and is still valued for its characteristics:
A protection of the home from the influence of any environmental impacts
a longevity
the environmental cleanliness
The roof of wood has such useful features as durability, a frost and a wind resistance. Thanks to one of its main characteristics it is able to "breathe" and due to this under the roof a condensation is created. When it rains, hail and strong winds, it does not make noise, and most importantly it gives a unique look of the house, an incomparable and individual look.
Today in Russia, all the craftsmen who know the secrets of a wooden roof, can be counted on one hand. What is now our company offers, (a wooden roof). It is foreign technology called HOLZSCHINDELN.
For the manufacture of shingles only a mature wood is used with a high density of tree rings, the minimum number of knots and other defects. For this purpose, is a painstaking selection of saw master. Usually, the diameter of these logs is from 36 to 80 cm then cutter cut logs into hemp (blanks). From a hemp (blanks) by manual chopping, splitting them, it turns out the board, which in the future will be the end result - the wooden tiles (shingles).
Shingles are small plates, split from the tree without damaging a wood structure and capillaries. How to split a tree stump on the boards can determined by the master with a great experience. Thus, the wooden shingles called HOLZSCHINDELN towards the acquisition of its final status has about 10 manufacturing operations. After that the wooden boards dried in a drying chamber to a moisture content of 18%, such moisture provides a timber safety during transportation and the best installation. Then the finished product reaches the packaging, where boards shrink special ribbons in packs, each of them is 1m.sq. of roof.
In the manufacture of wooden shingles it is very important a location of annual rings. On the qualitative produced board, the annual rings should be placed at an angle of 30g. In our production we clearly follow all the process and discard all irrelevant standard wooden tiles. Due to this, our material is in demand not only in Russia but also abroad, where it goes most of our stuff".
baltazar
Эксперт
Благодарил (а): 1 раз
Личное сообщение
I have been long interested in the question of sustainable coatings for roofing. A cane, a sod, green exploited, shingled. Many objects were covered so, weren’t they?
constructor
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Yes, it is quite expensive desire. That kind of roof very impresses me. But it is necessary to hold the whole design of the house in the same style both outside and inside. And shingles you can always prepare in the winter evenings. Over time, this house looks like an old knight's yard. Where that was the theme. A shingle by the word to tear but no to prick! It is rather a large chip than splinters. Therefore it is more flexible and bendable. Now, try to hammer a nail into even wide splinter. Workers had departure from the third part of all drawers. It is pricked by the slightest expansion. And the view? What is the roof made of sticks of thickness as two or three layers? It's more an Icopal. A shingle roof had a layer thickness of not less than a palm.
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Yeah, it is beautiful and original, but not practical.
The board with such width will be deformed, and somehow.
One thing is a well, yes and it can drip, but the other thing is room. I will not do it for myself for 2-3 years... Dried timbers assumed to be, think it will be better made of aspen, properly handled. Well, not too wide, that will not make a shrinkage.
I saw something similar in the Kolomensky park in Moscow, but there, the boards were flat, edging was made, then there was a galvanized sheet and then there was a roof itself...
How do you think this method is good or not?
expert
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
This exactly remake is an example of a complete ignorance (I watched that show, and I marveled at the professionalism)! People had a damaged roof and were created problems that they did not suspect, but they may have found out that year:
1. A part of load-bearing structures were sawn, saying that they would be stronger but instead they got a mere show.
2. The foam was removed, virtually inert to moisture from the roof (which was neither films nor vent fences), and instead of it, a glass wool was put! (Isover or Ursa). And do not even put a vapor barrier! As for the design of the attic, it is workable, frames are should not done, and everything is on the lining of plywood / steel. And you may need to increase a cross section of the lower zone to 50 x 250 (in steps of 600).
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
I understood about notches. Is it possible just to put a rafter foot on the beam and to do an overlay from the OSB? After all, such a thing is called a tie-beam. A section of the lower belt, what is that? And why does no one build so? all lean the rafters against the wall? Everyone needs an attic, but none makes it so? What's the catch? It’s very exciting. The project was made myself for the first time, and I still worried about the roof, I do not fully understand, and the team will begin on Monday.
Поделиться:

Вернуться в «Frame houses from Russia details and reviews»

Войти через социальную сеть

Быстрая регистрация и авторизация через социальную сеть ®

Вход

Имя пользователя: Пароль: