• Автор: bill
Summer
Эксперт
Отзывов: 0
Бонусы: 0.00
Баллы репутации: 0
Личное сообщение
Тема: Re: Insects are the timber worms.
I have the same crap ... I take, specially, a leave and I will unbark and crush those bastards !... I also advised by my father to pour holes with a caustic (he also did this when the beetles infested the rafters) in general it’s boring, but nothing to do... :o
buldozer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
It is better to climb round the house with a chisel, ax, and a ladder and remove the bark. I have already done it, it’s boring, but nothing to do. That’s all about lazy contract labourers. On my question – why don’t you remove the bark? I received a response from the "builders": and why you wonna take it off? It protects the wood from rotting, and, then, they ignored my comments. But now, I understand that it was necessary to force them removing all remnants or underpay them for that. Live and learn! And in the beginning of May I saw these beetles on the bark, may be they lay the larvae. I had to climb round and unbarked. One I could see even under the ridge beam, again, near the remnants of the cortex. And, all the sites are available both inside and outside, so, why not? It’s simple IMUO no crust - no problem, there is a crust – they will be. The larva goes into the wood and will not go anywhere.
In most species of bark beetles, the larva lives for a year, or even a few years under the bark or deeply in the interior of wood, there it is sharpening a long tortuous course.
In general, do you have such bugs or other? -In my case it was winter. I wanted to finish at once, but it was not real. On February the timbers were frozen.
expert
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
BOHEMIT KVB
A universal wood preservative Bohemit kvb.
Ingredients: alkilbenzildimetil ammonium chloride 18% + boric acid18%, plus the active components, colorless liquid or a color display (brown, yellow, green) concentrated, fungicidal and insecticidal, diluted with water agent, designed for a superficial and a deep impregnation of lumbers, trusses and other wood during the construction and reconstruction works. The agent allows for a long time to protect the wood from wood worms ( fungi, mold and insects including a wood fretter. Perfect for the prevention of brick from the mold and its recovery.
;) ;)
baltazar
Эксперт
Благодарил (а): 1 раз
Личное сообщение
Yeahh.It’s clear. That's it, that a"long-term protection"!
I am allergic. About “Intavir” I mentioned precisely because it will expande soon. The garden is regularly treated.No prroblems. I don’t’ wonna risk with another chemicals.
:mrgreen:
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Hey, people! explain me, please: does the larva eat with or without a sound? I had a frame with an extension (cold), and there was grinder in the annex (apparently long ago). I treated all the walls with a “Senezh” and provided the annex with heat insulation. In Spring I heard a sound in the extension (like a fly was in a spider web). That tranquil buzz continues all day and all night!
Two years before this wood fretter in a cold outhouse was nobody.
Answers about how the larvae live within a few years and a sharp infection (within 2 months of finishing - November, December) are not accepted!
Tell me, please what to do? should I open the walls?
May be, was it just a fly?
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Yeahh, It seems like the bark beetle which produces sush sounds ...it’s terribly annoying ... especially when you are thinking, that he is eating your house ... (You couldn’t hear because the material was probably raw, and when it dried up and the audibility of eating increased.
First - determine where goes the sound
Second - remove the trim
Third - find the remaining strips of the bark (if there is no bark, then look uo the holes in a tree)
Fourth - remove the bark and a wood freter with it
Fifth – treat with a bug repellent (As for me, I treated the holes with a caustic and treated the surface with the “Senezh bio”, maybe I would try the “Antizhuk”...
p/s These bastards are hiding not only under the rest of the cortex (a bar of 5 mm), but under a layer of a bast... So, good luck in your difficult deal!
buldozer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
I had the same sound in my cabin- I just opened a couple of boards and found there huge worms. So, you can call a rescue service, which will treat frame with a gas from inside (as it was written, it isn’t possible to be in home for some time), but if the sound immediately stops, the results of treatment will be seen. I think it will be cheaper, than to take off the trim.
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Thank you for your support!
I began to open the wall and the entire wall is humming!
The wall was lodged by the swarm of wild bees.
Now, a new problem - how to deal with bees?
Bees are better than a wood fretter, aren’t they?
baltazar
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Help me, please.
I built the house myself from blocks. The ground floor, the first floor and the attic. Rafters, joists and floors are all wooden. Last year in winter I lifted the box, put in windows, doors, floors, and then closed til the end of the crisis. This spring, I went to check if everything was okay, but noticed on the floorboards and a ceiling oval holes and hills of sawdust. The holes are large enough. Oval size is about 1-1.5 cm to 0.5 cm. Here and there are through-holes. I was shoked. The next day, and noticed a bug. A big black beetle 2-3 cm long, with a huge mustache, the mustache is bigger then a bug. Help me, please? What I can do? Is it possible to treat logs with something? As I understand the larvae are inside ... though the holes are cross-cutting. What about rafters? I haven’t climbed there yet. I really hope for your help((
expert
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Whitewash the entire wood by the lime that is commonly known or treat with a copper sulfate. There are ready solutions for the wood products (the price is prohibitive), but they are based on two substances, one of them is a lime, and the second one I can’t remember.
expert
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
First of all, thank you very much to Summer for the good feedback about our work. Yesterday, I accidentally knew from a client about this discussion and decided to see what you are writing.
Honestly, there are literate things, but there is a simply nonsense. Indeed, It’s very easy to destroy bark beetles, wood fretters and other timber worms with the most primitive of insecticide, but it is better to use pyrethroids - more stable compounds, not a phosphorus organic (here, was mentioned the "Fufanon"). But just keep in mind that the cycle of insect development is an egg, a nymph, a larva and then a winged individual bug. So, the first two stages are very well protected from the effects of any insecticide, add another layer of wood here and you will understand that isn’t practically possible to destroy the egg and the pupa with a insecticide, especially in a thicker wood.
Now keep in mind that most of these insects are perennial - that is only a year after laying eggs, a winged individual (adult) fly out from the log. In addition, the stage of development is highly dependent on an ambient temperature - lower the temperature, then slower a development, and in addition, if the temperature is too high, then the same process of development may be delayed. The optimum temperature is 18-28 degrees.
In addition to these factors, there is another factor - the duration of the insecticide. Under laboratory conditions, the duration of any insecticide doesn’t exceed 1-3 months on smooth, non-absorbent surfaces. Wood is a porous material. All forms of liquid insecticides have a gastro-contact action, ie the insect must either eat or walk on the surface. The inhalation is a mostly annoying factor.
expert
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Thus, in attempting to destroy the bark beetle, the wood fretter, etc. (or rather their eggs, pupae) by insecticides it’s necessary to understand that you need to do more than one or even two treatments, focusing on the temperature, the cycle of development, etc. By the way, most of the liquid insecticides (the concentrate of insecticides) are basically have organic solvents, most of all are from benzene series. Their frequent use in the wooden house – it’s something unpleasant in the sense of a strong and a lasting odor, and in terms of environmental performance of such activities.
But, nevertheless, this method has the full right to exist.
By the way, “the Shtil” is not a fog generator, its correct name is "a pneumatic motor sprayer," he doesn’t spray, just has a fine dispersion of a stream 5-7 meters long . Such a large "zilch". A fog generator or another aerosol generator – “Pulsfog”, “Svinfog”, etc. - from the “Shtil” differs like a car from a bike.
As for fumigation with a phosphine and its risks, toxicity, etc. It is really a dangerous thing, indeed explosive. But just a kitchen knife may be also a weapon - the main thing is, who holds it in his hands. Yeahh, any person eats bread, different porridge from cereals, nuts and dried fruit. But all these products pass through a stage of processing, and one of the elements for this treatment – is a fumigation by phosphine. Not everyone knows it, but it's true. This process is called decontamination. A methodology is certified worldwide (in Russia it is certified by “Rosselkhoznadzor”), and no one complains.
As for the oxidation of a copper wiring. Sure, it is oxidized, especially when it is under stress. But who does prevent from swiching it off?. And then, I haven’t seen a single house, where a copper wire hangs without any insulation. When the electricity supply is cut off, this process is not stronger than a usual oxidation of copper in the air, if you follow the correct concentration of phosphine. And, if you greatly exceed the dose the per unit volume, then a phosphine just burns.
But it’s the only guaranteed way to destroy the larvae, pupae, eggs and other stuff. A phosphine gas – is a hydrogen phosphide (Ph3), a very unstable chemical compound and breaks down rapidly at the molecular level during degassing. Notice that it doesn’t erode, but disintegrate.
Sealing is a necessary condition. But here's the phrase about covering with a polyethylene, or no effect, it’s a nonsense!!. During the fumigation of mills, silos and other large objects, they are sealed but to lay a sealed plastic cap on the object of 30-40 meters height and even thousands of square meters it’s ridiculous!.

I explained the matter in the fewest words.. If you have any questions - in PM.
8-)
constructor
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Yeahh, a few moments..

1. Heating of wood to the center of logs, lumber, etc. at 65-70 degrees for 30 minutes guaranteed destroys any timber worms, at this temperature, takes place the decay / destruction of protein (drying chamber), but evenly to heat the structure at this temperature is not real.

2. The treatment with ozone theoretically copes with this problem, but the ozone concentration must be at least 150-200 miligram cubic meter – it’s also unreal. In addition, ozone is a strong oxidant.

3. All kinds of impregnation (including superexpensive that penetrate for 5-8 cm in depth that is incredible, but accoding to the manufacturer they still penetrate) protect against mold, bark beetles, wood fretters, etc. but a very short time because the mode of action of these impregnation substance, as mentioned above, has its own validity. The basic direction is to prevent the infection while the wood is still raw. When it is completely dry and became firmer, it will be much difficult to gnaw it. but it’s still possible. Therefore, all possible insurance arrangements for 10-15 years, are totally untrue. MANUFACTURERS of impregnations don’t be offended BUT YOUR TOOLS are not a universal panacea.

4. You can soak the wood by all kinds of oil, copper sulfate, etc., but then the question arises - why do you have a wood house? The beauty of a wooden house disappears. Then, its simply to build the home fro railway sleepers. there will be nothing to live.

5. You can fill holes, that gnawn through, with anything, but who can guarantee that this will come to the right place and will affect - the moves are very long, and there is no guarantee that you have filled all the holes.

6. You make a lot of examples that houses are 100 or 200 and more years, and they are OK. I agree, but at the time, people choose different timbers, logs and boards. Now, we are buying what we have, not thinking about what we buy and where. And if we are thinking, the seller are telling you anything just to sell - unfortunately it is a reality. Even 20-30 years ago all boards passed drying chamber or chemical drying (a pink color of boards and timbers), and there were not such problems. And, now, we don’t know what kind wood is sawn and goes directly from a sawmill to a consumer. Any certificate is out of the question.
Constantly, I deal with customers who ordered the construction of the house, bath turnkey from the well known construction firms, which guarantee the quality of materials, but really - a material with many holes.

7. I have to say that under a strong infection, bugs gnaw not only timbers, logs, but just a batten. the last example: the beginning of June, the lawn-and-garden association near Mikhnevo, the batten like a sieve. According to the owner, buying the house, the batten was ideal last year. The reason is milled and unbarked wood for the grillage.

8. And, don’t forget the primitive desire to save money on construction, when you are given an acquaintance a cheap frame, or , for example, a sub-floor material is bought cheaply because it is still not be seen. But, when workers sell to your neighbor a good stuff..Because you don't build the house yourself, and you can’t control everything. :geek: :geek:
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
What is this bastard? A similar, but small was geting out from the hole of a screw in the new bath. And this one was digging in a hole in an old bath. Maybe, it's not its hole?
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
It is not seen very good, but it's not a wood fretter (a bark beetle, etc.) 100%.
Perhaps, it lives in some holes in a wood (sometimes they live wild wasps, ants and wood, etc.,) itsn’t gnawing them.
baltazar
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
In the Internet there is an article about the beetle and its larvae - called a "trap for the beetle-grinder". There are some piece of advice.

Against beetles: prepare a solution fluoride or sodium fluorosilicate 2-2.5 %. In a hot water you can dissolve a little more, but don’t try to make the solution "vigorous" – a surplus still falls into the sediment. With a brush, a cloth or a spray apply the solution on a wood surface. Consumption - 150-200 ml / sq.m. (It’s like whe you use in mixtures against the fungus).
Against larvae: If the number of holes is small, it is better to prepare a mixture of 3 parts of turpentine and 1 part of a kerosene and then, inject it with a syringe in every hole. For this purpose, it is also suitable a dichlorvos and a trichlorfon. I’s better treating wood in the middle of summer, when the newborn larvae haven’t gone away yet, deep into the wood. That the poison penetrated deeper, it is recommended to remove from the hole a drilling flour with thin wire and a hook. After filling the holes with insecticides, they should be glossed with a wax, a putty, a paraffin, so that the liquid doesn’t evaporate.
When there are a lot of holes and it’s impossible to inject the "meal", it is recommended a composition of 100 parts of turpentine, 5 parts of wax, 5 parts of paraffin and 3 parts of creolin. It’s necessary to melt a paraffin and a wax to prepare the solution.
Spray with a brush the entire surface with this solution, usually used for the treatment of furniture. In this case the hole must be filled to the brim with a liquid. A wax and a paraffin are used to close the holes.
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
:D - Hello everyone who supported this theme. I begin with my own report. After a long search on the internet and your advice, I began doing. In May, I processed the framework with a silica and a sodium fluoride. The result was not comforting the beetles still ate the frame. But this solution has one “chip” having eaten the log, they cease to proliferate. I treated with this solution twice. Then, in early June, I processed the carcass with the agent called “Senezh Ince” relatively new to us, in Kaluga, just delivered the first batch. After this treatment, these bastards have stopped eating. Hills appeared in some places (especially where this solution apparently didn’t get). There I sprinkled them with a dichlorvos. And one place they were eating the entire log till the “Senezh”, and I also processed with a dichlorvos. It's interesting that is 3 weeks there were not a singl hole. But after “Senezh” if anyone flies in our frame, it dies. First, the first are dying butterflies, then gadflies and flies. Bark beetles with a mustache all died right before our eyes, the windows are paved with small black beetles 1-2 mm. Now, we air the frame, but there are holes in some places 1-2 . We spend night in the house but this methode has a side effect we often started going to the toilet. So, TO BE CONTINUED… I hope for the successful issue.
baltazar
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
:?: - Why are you torturing yourself by chemicals? There is an electronic way. Parse a microwave. There is a radiator. You get it. But we need to screen the open part. The emitter, which is directed into the chamber of the oven must be open and focused on a log. But don’t open it for you, but for logs. You pressed the radiator to the log and turn on the network. After 1 minute, all the bugs will be burned. You can check the sound by phonendoscope. Just be careful not to be shocked. A screening can be tested using a mobile. If in this screen, the phone is not receiving a signal, that means the radiator will be screened.
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
What are you torturing yourself by these inventions? What do you call a radiator? A magnetron or a waveguide? and What is the open part? if the output a waveguide, you .... Even more I don't wonna write it. Have you read what has been whritten? Screening check by "Mobile"... Did you know that the frequency at which a "Mobile" works is 2.5 times lower than the frequency of the microwave? Damn, the copper wire, or the radiator .. Are you crazy all?? :)
baltazar
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
I saw this piece abroad. They invented it. There were a museum from wood. And the bug is inside the timber. They took the radiator and the urge to the log. The bark beetle burned. A frequency is not important. A check screen by phone I saw on “Discovery”. There are destructor of myth. And, they taught me. A screen is from any metal mesh. Because the oven door is made of plastic. It made a grid. And in 5 cm from the window there is no radiation. My experts created a device that responds to the waves. So, here are the same test. The emitter, which is directed into the chamber of the oven must be open and focused on a log.
Поделиться:

Вернуться в «Information and reviews of wooden houses»

Войти через социальную сеть

Быстрая регистрация и авторизация через социальную сеть ®

Вход

Имя пользователя: Пароль: