• Автор: bill
bill
Эксперт
Отзывов: 0
Бонусы: 0.00
Баллы репутации: 0
Личное сообщение
Тема: Re: Insects are the timber worms.
Bugs, bark beetles, termites, wood fretters, sawflies, bees, ants ... How many of them – timber worms! How to identify them? I've got here such a hole 4 cm of length in a batten. I have a frame house. Did they ate it? Maybe someone will identify? What kind of monster did create the problem?
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
That’s terrible! And, why did they come to me? Except batten they have nothing to eat!
Strangely, I have never noticed bugs in the house and there were not any rustling with a noise.
I urgently go for drugs to kill them!
buldozer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
And, when did you place a batten?
May be, you brought them with a clapboard. But you have to fight with them, it’s necessary, or they will lay larvae, God forbid. There are colorless septics like the same “Senezh”.
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
We made a wall paneling 2 years ago, and there were not any bugs and holes all these 2 years. In winter, the house was not heated. Of course I need to treat the house, only I shoul find a necessary agent. I don’t want to treat with a “Senezh” in the living room (a bedroom), or we must do it in late autumn, before closing a summer season. Amazingly, the bark beetle shouldn’t attack an ennobled wood and 2 years passed. I would have been shocked in your place. But it’a fact !. It’s really similar to the moves of larvae, the eggs have been already laid and probably there is a risk of being larvae in the thickness of wood. The surest way is to get out and replace the contaminated linings, if it wasn't attacked almost by the bugs.
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Yeahh? I agree it’s very strange how they came to the house (2 years it’s a term)
Maybe, did you store any board in the house?
I haven’t any more tips.
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
These beetles flock together to my house. Yesterday, I crushed 20 of them. What do they want and what is the danger for my home?
A fresh house, built in summer, covered by fenilaks.
constructor
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
This is a bark beetle. Nothing terrible will happen if there is no bark and rot. Likely, they are flying to the smell of a raw wood.
When the carpenters
constructor
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
When the carpenters cut a frame, such beetles were a “sea”. Then disappeared.
baltazar
Эксперт
Благодарил (а): 1 раз
Личное сообщение
Dear experts!
I inherited a house. My father died, and now, owners of the house are my sister and I. And the years of this house ..... first, it was built somewhere, then moved to Zhiroshkino, where he stood for years ... I don’t know how many.., then It was disassembled and transported to Domodedovo, where he has been stading since 50s.
And, so, we began to explore the underground with my husband.
Oh, Mama! Well, that foundation from which it got but it’s still standing. Well, that is not a single vertical or horizontal surface in the house – but don’t walk around the house with a level and you will not see it. BUT! so many holes from a bark beetle! most of lags and columns in the underground, some of the boards and the beam in the attic ...
Tell me, please what to do? Can we just throw a punk possibly replacing, worn boards, or as to conserve the house? probably, we need to disassemble and built from stone, but, now, what to do? :ugeek:
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Yesterday, I was at friend's in the village, I told them about my concerns. But they calmly said that they had that too, and you need to change periodically posts and transfers, and that is not the biggest problem at the farm!
They reassured a little. And, yet except a naphthalene, a kerosene plus as carbolic acid - is there another way? And after treating holes you can paint over by wax. it’s well greasing!
buldozer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Good afternoon!
The house was built 3 years ago. Two years a frame was without tenants and a finish. And, only this spring we took seriously and finished almost everything.
Last 2 weeks, from somewhere in the overlap between the first and the second floor I began to hear strange sounds at night, like the periodic grinding and things like clicks .. Previously, I don’t remember, but, maybe, I haven’t pay attention to it. After reading forum I came to two versions: Either these are hornets bees nest or a wood fretter.
Tell me, please, who are they? Holes of the larvae and a dust have not be seen, but on the other hand the house has already trimed inside and we can’t look everywhere. During a construction, logs were processed by a “Senezh”.
If it is a carpenter, as I understand, that after finishing only a gas fumigation saves?
And, I have more questions:
How do respond timber worms to a dichlorvos / carbophos? Can the dichlorvos be absorbed by wood? Taking into account that the sound comes from somewhere in the area of ceiling beams, I had an idea to drill several holes along the beams, and periodically fill them with a dichlorvos, so, the larva must sooner or later find the infected area.
expert
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
May be a shrinkage is the reason! ;)
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Well, Good morning!
It has no concern with a shrinkage. A shrinkage makes a squeak or a rattle of wood, the sound here is completely different. More over that the sound comes from one zone of the attic, there is nothing to sit down all night, and the sound source moved a short distance at night.
A sound source doesn’t respond to external stimuli, in other words when I’m walking over the spot or tapping, it stays in place and continues "working", a mouse would be gone, or be silent for a long time. Besides, the mouses make related sounds, such as a squeak, a rustle and a bustle, there is nothing there.
baltazar
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Hi, there!!
I need a piece of advice.
In late November 2008, we finished a frame hous. We looked up all building materials and found no presence of timber worms. Plus, we treated the frame with a “biosecurity”.
In spring, this year, ants climbed into the house. We destroyed them with a “Raid” (at home), and anthills on the street (by a anteater). The ants have gone.
All was OK till last weekend. Arriving on Friday we found on the second floor (on all windows) the Chrysopidae in large quantities. After reading about them on Wikipedia, we understood that they can’t hurt.
The question is .. where they could have come from? And they are many..
Did we look badly a building material?
And how, then, a biosecurity...
Is somebody faced with phenomenon?
constructor
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Oh, Good evening!
Maybe somebody was faced with such beetles in a wooden house: The timber house trimed from the inside with gypsum plasterboards in spring, the basis of floor is partially filled with a concrete and, then a laminate is put. Since August, black beetles began to appear about 1 cm long, a brown color near the head. They are creeping in the middle of the room in a laminate and are dying, though if they roll over their back, then they will just pop their clogs. I swept about thirty for a week , and even more.
Before they appear a lot of butterflies flew on the windows or moths with transparent green wings. Maybe they are somehow linked? We are going to move into a house, but with such neighborhoods it’s unpleasant.
expert
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
From my personal experience. When repairing a cottage (a brick house, but floors and rafters are made of wood) I disassembled the overlap between the floors, then I found that one board of subfloor (from 25) is badly damaged almost to the dust. It was so strange, that it was only one board. Perhaps, because the board was not rebated, and the gap between the boards was great. I decided to treat all wood in the house until running repairs. I treated all boards and beams with a "Anitzhuk of Rogenda” (including the affected board). The affected board, of course, was replaced. A week later, I used the affected board as a sheathing, sawed off an affected part. It has been seen in the opened passages that larvae died. So, this board and now is on the street but there are no presence of larvae (One year passed). (Larvae were the same as on the photo). By the way, the larvae were large, 2-3 cm long.
constructor
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
In hot countries there is such a nasty thing as a termite :mrgreen: . The picture of its activities is impressive. Indeed, we need to fight.
I would like, if it ispossible to see something that even remotely is resembling this picture. And, then I don’t believe somehow.
Well, you have a bug, well, it made an ugly hole.
I remember seeing such hole in my grandmother’s village and not just only one. Once they gnawed through and gone. It was quite tasteless. They found something tasty.
When the house will rot, they may come back.
Such holes are dangerous IMHO only for the frame house where a vapor barrier is used, and even a small hole is undesirable.
I have a stack of barked wood and poles (and these are unberked wood). Once, 20 years ago I slowly layed and now I use
some of them! They were gnawn by a bark beetle. Probably, it ate a pine. Cleared from the top and left.
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Good afternoon! May it is really good and my advice helps on this subject, as I was faced myself and tried. As mentioned earlier about a devastating effect of larvae and other insects in a tree, then, the tree can be heated by the infrared heater of directed action. And how much it was warmed you will hear and feel yourself. None crap doesn’t survive, more over it heated safely and fairly deep, depending on a place, of course. It’s slowly but effective. Maybe someone really tried with a magnetron of a microwave oven, I would be grateful for your letter. A theme is interesting but is not safe for a human. :roll:
baltazar
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
In vegetable stores, suburban buildings, outhouses often begin to grow a mold and a wood fungi, that break down all the wood: floors, ceilings, rafters. They also spoil food. However, we can successfully faight with pests with aid of eddy currents. It’s enough on the perimeter of a foundation of a farmhouse laying a closed loop connected to a metal ring or a wire 8-10 mm of a thickness. As a result of atmospheric conditions there will be induced eddy currents.
I'm going to wrap the house by a wire before a siding ...

:lol:
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
It's a nonsense!!. Did you study at school? And, estimate how much power is now needed to drive a closure between the first and the second cockroach legs. You will ruin a station. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Поделиться:

Вернуться в «Information and reviews of wooden houses»

Войти через социальную сеть

Быстрая регистрация и авторизация через социальную сеть ®

Вход

Имя пользователя: Пароль: