• Автор: bill
buldozer
Эксперт
Отзывов: 0
Бонусы: 0.00
Баллы репутации: 0
Личное сообщение
Тема: Re: Insects are the timber worms.
Well, Hello! And Is it helpful an exhaust motor oil?
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
I was interested in the issue a long time, but where are now all the cockroaches? Previously, they were many, but now, nothing is heard of them, somewhere I read an article that they can not stand the frequencies of mobile phones. Maybe, there is not so simple!
baltazar
Эксперт
Благодарил (а): 1 раз
Личное сообщение
Cockroaches are fewer because of modern, derived from chemicals, cleaning products for dishes, etc.
PS. Previously, there was the only one cleaner – a soap and then brewed from "natural" materials.
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Give me, please a piece of advice, Do we have bark beetles? Although we have a brick house, but inside it is sheathed by euro boads. I have in a hardwood floor, or rather in a rough ceiling, boards with a crust, under which I found the larvae of some stuff (they are white, length of 10-20mm, 3-5mm of thicknes, with a black circular "mouth"). They are eating a flat space under the bark, leaving a wood dust, sometimes gnawed round holes inside the tree, 3-5mm long... During the construction all the boards were processed with a “Senezh”, but the crust was missed by our inexperience..
Oh, tell me please what it is better to do?
buldozer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Last fall, we built a house from professional lumber. Initially, there was nobody lived, but, then, in spring ants appeared. I extirpated the ants on May, 10 and for reasons beyond my control our next race was only on June 19. I fund in the house:
1. A bunch of wings,like from lacewings. There were only wings but no carcass.
Maybe after the wedding the ants leave their wings?
2. On the floor was littered skinny dark brown gnats 5-6 mm of length, 1.5-2 mm of thickness. Who are they?

3. In the corners at the bottom of the door jamb I found such hills of chips.
The ants leave a sawdust,..and now? Just a mini-beaver :-). What to do and who does live with me? We havent moved yet. Should we put a smoke pot?
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
And what about the fumigation? (With the involvement of professionals of course), although in this case, a removing of boards will be cheaper. 8-)
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
OMG..If you read a medical encyclopedia, then how's life?)
as a joke.. Apparently we can expect picks of the cabbage butterfly))
baltazar
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Hello! I'm a novice, so do not kick me hard! Three years ago we brought a cottage - an old trimed log cabin, and everything like that. This year, we paid attention to the beetles, which began appearimg in the room a month ago. Black, approximately, 12-15 mm long, the antennae are small. They are not crawling, but are almost dying. A log house is trimed almost everywhere, so it is difficult to notice moves. Now, on the second floor we began making repairs – and I found in one place a couple of holes approximately 5mm long. Very old. I honestly read 20 pages of threads, but here everything is about the terrible long-horned beetles. And this one is without a mustache. Who is it? So, what should I do? Help me, please. Thanks in advance!
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Today, a big bug flew in a house.
It’s buzzing bass, solid, and it is not small.
Question: Who is it and did it fly in my house in order to eat it?
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
This a large pine borer. We have a pine forest around us, or perhaps did it just fly on a visit? :-)) The house itself will be eaten by larvae of bugs.
expert
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Hello!!
Such a sad theme, :roll: and the most importantly, that it toches many people including me. It stings to the quick. It hurts to hear such advice, as " a floor or a house should be completely demolished and build a new home" or "you need to buy an expensive German antiseptic, but it doesn’t work" ...
The struggle with insects that eat our wooden houses isn't easy.
I want to tell us about my case, and about my simple, but original way to faight against timber worms. It’s funny, but very helpful!!.
So, I bought three years ago not a bad country house in the suburbs of Novosibirsk, a wood-frame house - 80 sq.m.

A year ago, some rustling or paddling were heard in the walls, especially at night. It was unpleasant, but on the outside everything was clean everywhere and couldn’t see anything.
This year in spring the sounds recured with a renewed vigor, more intrusive, and in the house occasionally appeared crawling little brown worms and caterpillars. When, I was worried, I didn’t think about it last year. Such parasites ! I didn’t pay attantion to gnawing sounds)! What should I do? So, I tried to find something in the internet, but it wasn’t possible. What kind of larvae they were? And, they were somewhere inside. My little house is sheathed by floorboards, which were made on the machine by the former owner-builder himself. So, on one side of the facade appeared a damage on boards, like birds pulled someone out of them. The anxiety increased. I read more different fears, here on the forum and I drooped. But, then, I remembered that last year in summer were a lot of flies, and I used the usual fumigator to get rid of them. I used the most powerful sheets against flies, wasps and mosquitoes. We also remembered that flown ladybugs died, too. And, suddenly it came to me how it could be done! I thought that it should affect to these bastards!
I stocked plates and two fumigators - one on the ground floor, and another one on the second floor. I only changed plates every 8-12 hours for three days. Also I treated cracks with our Soviet dichlorvos. But then, I'm sure it was a fumigator. After two days from the floor slots on the second floor began coming up these worms – There were small, shaggy, if you look closely, you could notice that they were striped. And then - oh-oh-oh - began appearing tiny, little, black bugs with an almost light pattern on the back. Oh.. It was so disgusting. I only managed to vacuum. And a rustling in the walls and a ceiling became smaller. About two weeks I burn the fumigators and they are so many have already died and come out, and the sound has completely disappeared. Larvae ceased coming out - just only bugs.
Of course, I have a frame house. If you have a log house it would be probably harder, but the idea remains. Insects are situated in hard-to-reach places. But, they have to breathe at least a little bit, and the air enters through cracks of structures. A fumigator emits a very pungent insect poison gas, which penetrates into all cracks, they climb out of their hiding places and die.
That’s simple and inexpensive! Maybe, it will help to someone else. Well, the antiseptics are intended to prevent damnage, but not to fight. Experiment with different plates. It’s not so bad, than a home treatment with all sorts of poisons. Good luck!
buldozer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
If there are visible traces of a bark beetle activity in the bath. how can I extirpate them? We can not use any toxic assets, we can poison ourselves?
baltazar
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Recently, I have seen the holes in a wood, but there were not creatures. They appeared in rough timbers and walls covered by Aquatex.
Yesterday morning I treated the house with a "Antizhuk" (8 litre) The residue was poured into a sprayer and sprinkled around the log home. The result is 0. As these bastards were gnawing, they are still gnawing. Today, I bought a turpentine, it breaks wind. Then, I will try fumigators.
Write about your experience, may be will we find somthing new?
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
I have timber worms in the woods, which were used for the construction. Boards were unbarked. For the experiment, I treated the bark with the used machine oil, the next day a rustle of the treated boards were not heard. I think this weekend to open and look what happened to them... :shock: :shock:
baltazar
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Yeah, yesterday morning, I armed with a syringe of 20ml and a pint jar of a biocide, I treated all holes and cracks between logs, and then I poured the surface of logs where was been a crunch. And they became more quiet. I caught a wasp gained access to the house and sat on a grid. Then I averted my eyes and looked again, so, it was curled up and died in a moment. A biotsid is so oily and smells like kerosene, and it is absorbed very good. well. I arrived in the evening. The crunch almost stopped. I will try to treat with a spray, and I ‘ll write the results. I didn’t try a turpentine, I'm afraid that it will smell disgustingly and I suppose it’is useful for housekeeping. :geek:
buldozer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Thank you for your reply! I was not, here, in the internet - and missed the reply message. Are you sure that there are female of bark beetle? Nothing about the fact that males have whiskers and female are without them.
Well, the fact that they laid a lot of eggs, is not happy. Although now, builders are doing repairs on the 2nd floor, and it becomes evident that a part of old logs were clearly "drilled" and a purity of these logs is frankly not ideal. But the fact that the main logs have been already 50 years old, or more. The house has been already 20 years worth, and as it turned out that the previous owner didn’t buy a new frame housework. So, it was possible to "eat" evrething at this time.
Does it help a "gas chamber” against these reptiles? Am I understand right? Since all logs are actually sewn (and even with a warming), then, it’s still unreal to get close to them with a syringe. A fumigator? Thank you, I’ll think about it ... As far as all this is fatal? Did the house stand a few decades?
:!:
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
And as I realized that in case of impregnation treatment, they would still gnaw and will cease to do it only when they would eat a poisoned tree. i.e I should treat and wait for the time when these bastards will hatch and crawl out, and at this moment they will be dead. :lol:
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
We have also a flour on boards in our bath, and the holes in the walls of 1 mm. Help me, what should I do? I would like to post a pic, but I have no rights. Maybe should I wait after “Antibug”, I was also recommended to treat with a syringe each hole. I have a jerry can of 5 litre, well, should I throw it out? :oops:
buldozer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
It sharpens one of the boards in the house. I overlooked when installing ...The board has not closed yet, so I heard a sound and saw the marks (a white powder on the board and a hole). It’s not possible to dismantle this board, it goes as the upper beam in one of the walls ....Tell me please, what should I do now? A search didn’t give me anything. Who kind of experience do you have in a fight? :roll:
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Actually, they write that “Antizhuk” is to prevent a disaster, rather than fighting with it ... My friends treated holes with a turpentine. It’s not easy!! It seems like it should come out. As a result a crunch has stopped, and so, whether he went out or died from the smell It’s unknown):-). Try it, It can help you, and the turpentine is not expensive...
Поделиться:

Вернуться в «Information and reviews of wooden houses»

Войти через социальную сеть

Быстрая регистрация и авторизация через социальную сеть ®

Вход

Имя пользователя: Пароль: