• Автор: bill
constructor
Эксперт
Отзывов: 0
Бонусы: 0.00
Баллы репутации: 0
Личное сообщение
Тема: Re: Insects are the timber worms.
In our cabin a bark beetle began eating a bed, collected from the boards. While it was doing this, so loud, that I just scared, I thought something was tumbling down under us (I put to bed my child at noon, it was so loud, It was terrible!!).
I treated that space with a spray OFF Extreme against mosquitoes, horseflies and ticks, it helped me instantly and has never occured again. Probably it a terrible chemistry). Maybe if you have only one place, you can do it...
baltazar
Эксперт
Благодарил (а): 1 раз
Личное сообщение
Thanks for your advice.
A bark has gone. It is sharpening a hardwood.
First, I'll try chemicals, well, we'll see.
But if there are another names of drugs (about “Antizhuk” and a turpentine I understood) write me
p.s. I’ll read a link.. 8-)
buldozer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
I have the same problem, but the bug are on the beams. The beams are opened on three sides. On advice from various forums I treated with an impregnation for timbers “Belinka Belocid” made in Slovenia. The product is designed for the affected timbers. After two months of a double treatment, the crunching stopped. Where it was a drug, or beetles fell into a deep sleep, I don’t know. The drug can be bought in supermarkets, It is about 1,000 rubles. for 2.5 liters.
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Dear buldozer :oops: . As I understood you treated a hardwood with a “Belinka Belocid”. Please, tell us how you are doing today. I have the same problem, there is a bark beetle on the rafters, I treated twice with “Belinka Belocid”. A crunch was going within two months after a treatment, but more quiet. Now, it has stopped. May the beetles (larvae) went to sleep away? If so, then the process must be repeated before flying in spring. And, one more question for those who have heard about the handling of a hardwood with a mixture of a copper sulphate and a lime. Is it affective for beetles?
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
My fried had these bastards in a lumber. He struggled for two years trying smoke bombs, but nothing to help. But he dismantled a trim from the inside, everething was handled with a used oil. The holes from beetle larvae wrre treated too, it stanked a week, but was very helpful
baltazar
Эксперт
Благодарил (а): 1 раз
Личное сообщение
Tel me please how is it dangerous to construct from such wood? And what kind of insect it is? The hole size is about 1 to 0.5 cm. Moves are direct.
i.e they bored inside and sat there, not walking right and left.:-) The size of insects is about 1 to 2 cm long.And if a couple of rims and some floor joists were built from such wood. What to do? :cry:
constructor
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
I had a similar problem. The holes appeared in the attic rafters and beams and a trash on the floor beneath them. True, I haven’t been beating my brains out trying to solve the problem. From a trip to Prague, according to the advice of colleagues, I brought a remedy against timber worms. It’s called “Lignofix I-profi”. It’was not enough to process an attic space, but as it turned out you can find it in Moscow (http://www.lignofix-moscow.ru). I processed in accordance with instructions with a brush and a syringe in holes and cracks. Nearly two years have passed, but there are no signs of the presence of pests.
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Yeahh, That’s a disaster. This is for us a bark beetle is a timber worm but for a woodpecker it’s a delicacy. A woodpecker is a shy bird, that don’t like the hassle. Acquire a dog.
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Maybe I'm wrong but a woodpecker is now another one – it’s emancipated :-)) as a dove it will begin eating from hands. exactly, its presence is a diagnosis that the larvae of the beetle are also in abundance. Now, it is important to consider choosing a drug from the beetles, that it eliminates pests, and the woodpecker will not be hurt. Otherwise, the "green” you will not forgive you.
expert
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
And, now, seriously on your topic. Since I am a novice on the forum and the right to link has not given yet- here's a quote from a handbook: :idea:
"A capricorn 22 mm long is considered as the most dangerous timber worm. The female of this beetle lays about 200 eggs mainly in the fine cracks of a softwood, such as rafters and a roof. Pupae develop from eggs with a subtle body. Adult pupae have a length of 15 to 30 mm. For their development they need, in most cases from 3 to 5 years, with a low protein content in the wood, this period may be considerably longer. However, they completely decomposed a sap wood and also damage a mature wood, while leaving intact a thin outer layer. This failure often can be noticed only by reach-through holes. They are oval, mostly shabby, have a diameter of 5 to 10 mm. "
I found it in the Internet.
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Damn, and I have crawling some reptiles in my apartment. On wooden cutting boards there are about 10 pieces. I can’t pot picks now. Their length is about 3 mm, 1 mm wide. They are crawling slow .
And they were there before furnishing, I bought a new apartment with a rough finish, they have been already there.
buldozer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
A very similar bastard! I’ am upset. Apparently, I have to do some fighting. The most popular drug is a kerosene + a turpentine 1:1 with a extrusion and a greasing brush. Another way is to drill many holes and fill them.
In the future before you buy you should inspect every timber on all sides.
constructor
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Anyway, now, my wife and I tried to photograph them. A muddy spot)). 3 mm long, a width of 0.5 mm, 6 feet, 2 short antennae, a small head, then a torso and a body, even a little bit longer. What does it mean?
Oh.. yes, I forgot to add, it eats a flour, a sugar and adores a chocolate, I somehow dropped a slice and forgot it under the bed, and it was all sticked around. But it doesn’t eat a buckwheat and a rice. By its structure it resembles to an ant, only its head is much smaller and laterally flattened and elongated.
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Now, I don’t know what to do. Should I try a fumigation? Somebody advised me to do it, because the furniture in the kitchen is full of wooden structures.
expert
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
At all times people confuse a bark beetle and a wood fretter. First one doesn’t cause any harm it lives under the bark with larvae. The wood fretter is the main enemy, which gnaws moves.into the wood. That's it "ticks" (the female with the male communicate by rapping to meet.
The main protection, in addition to impregnation, is a dryness. A wood must be dry.
In our old house before the repairs, was a beetle, it ate the whole floor to the late 1950s with the previous owners. The waist of the logs had to be replaced. And in the wall one bastard "ticked", but I discovered that the place was wet from roof. And the beetle ate the only one stick, which was wet.
We substituted and saturated (also injected with a syringe, where we could). And, now I don’t hear any "tick". Sometimes it seems that I hear, but it turns out a watch.
So, it is necessary to change devoured boards, keep dry, and periodically treat.
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
You can treat the furniture by products against bugs. Try to ask the local SES to apply the identification of bugs.
And accessories (such as cutting boards) would better, perhaps, to replace by ceramics, plastics, glass.
buldozer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
If all the furniture is handled, and the rest (that is in contact with food and therefore can not be handled) to replace, it will help.
Another option, is the only one - to live with bugs!
Polymers will not help. :mrgreen:
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
I'm still in spring, probably will change the floor (in a living room). Unfortunately, the intoxication is not possible for now. Just, I have already written that nothing was in apartment. There were bare plaster walls, windows and doors. And bugs have been already crawling.
And about identity, thanks for advice, a good idea!
expert
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
It looks like I know who are your tenants. This a museum beetle. When I was looking for more reliable products against their larger relatives, I read this article (lignofix-moscow.ru/article/list-2.html). Look up there, You can get to know them. :x
constructor
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
When buying a remedy for these reptiles I was recommended in Prague and in Moscow to drill thin holes in beams with a long drill. Drill through every metre of several pieces on a vertical surface, and with a slight slope. The antiseptic shouldn’t be poured. And I almost forgot, drill 3 / 4 of thickness. They recommended to repeat several times the extrusion procedure at intervals for absorption. After that close the hole with a sealant or a filler of wood. Explained by the fact that the larva of a beetle eats timbers more than one year without leaving the surface. If you soak only the top, the product wil still kill the insect but the process will stretch over time and larva has time to inflict some damage to the beam. I made this procedure only in a few places, but remembering that the female lays eggs in cracks and crevices, I treated them with a spire where I could get. I’m glad the result.
Поделиться:

Вернуться в «Information and reviews of wooden houses»

Войти через социальную сеть

Быстрая регистрация и авторизация через социальную сеть ®

Вход

Имя пользователя: Пароль: