• Автор: bill
bill
Эксперт
Отзывов: 0
Бонусы: 0.00
Баллы репутации: 0
Личное сообщение
Тема: Re: Insects are the timber worms.
No, the body of my insect has 3 parts. A head (the smallest), a body (slightly larger) and an ass (bigger than a head and a body combined) :ugeek:
baltazar
Эксперт
Благодарил (а): 1 раз
Личное сообщение
Ohh, I have a sewing vintage machine (from my great-grandmother) ,and its wooden base is almost eaten (there is a very beautiful finish, I'd hate to lose it, it’s a “Zinger” machine)
My friend advised me to try an "Antizhuk". To treat with a spire all holes What are you thinking abou t it? Is it helpful?
constructor
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
I can’t say anything about “Akvazhuk”, but I was advised to try a "Mole" for pipe cleaning. You should treat a wood surface, but a color will become darker, but it’s firmly.
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
I’m not a 100% sure, but usually the products for cleaning pipes are aggressive. I think that a "Mole" is among these. i.e Ph is 4.5 or above 7.5. In the first case it is an acid and an alkali for the second. Both are dangerous for the tree. And the acid damages at once, well, like a chemical burn, and an alkali destroys the tree gradually, year after year, turning the wood into dust. Even in GDR, I have seen beams that were impregnated with fire means on alkaline basis. The depth of destruction reached 5 cm. So, be careful, please.
baltazar
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
It was about wooden antiques. This man professionally engaged in this, including himself (not only for sale). As for me I haven’t tried it yet, but I have no reason not to trust this man.
He showed me a cupboard treated with a "Mole". A neutral cabinet, a plain color, and nothing special ...
We are not talking about 5 cm depth of defeat, a wood furniture is usually thinner than 5 cm.
However, everybody chooses for himself, but we only recommend.
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
If a "Mole" is an alkali, then my warning is timely. It destroys not right now, but with years. Beams about which I wrote turned into dust not immediately, but over 30-35 years.
These larvae eat even a linoleum. I put in the apartment a small board in the corner where was ae core. A week later, began to exert a constant rustling in a holl, first, we thought with a cat that it was a mouse, but then I saw a long trench on a linoleum from the same board. I cought and destroyed such beast.
buldozer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
I build a house from milled logs. The most offensive the fact that I saw a stricken timber. Wormholes with some white larvae inside. It’s not easy to get it. What do you advise me? There is a proposal to jack and treat with some chemicals. Is it helpful? Tell me please what to do?
expert
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
I recommend to use a “Lignofix I-profi”. My neighbors and I are very happy with the results. No smell, no trace, no problem!!. In this post I wrote about it on page 36, there is a method on page 39. I don’t know exactly whether it is sold in St. Petersburg, but Pitergof is them saved from beetles.
By the way, the rest of the house soak with a“Lignofix Stabil”. It is a preventive maintenance. And all sorts of rubbish wouldn’t begin and spread (insects and plants). Same thing - no odors, no signs, no problem and it is not washed away. Checked. ;) ;)
baltazar
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
In my opinion, the whole of Russia has practically the same thing: wood fretters, bark beetles, furniture beetles or museum beetles and so on. In southern latitudes, only the cicadas are added. It makes happy that an African termite doesn’t come.
Here, I found a lot of information on this topic (http://www.protect-wood.ru/index.php? Mod = text & txnode = 392 & uitxt =- 1). If you are interested in, take a look.
I apologize that I can’t insert a normal link.
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Looks like a small wasp
in my eyes it has quickly drilled through “pinoteks”
. For the prevention I treated holes by products against cockroaches. It is a gel in a tube
until they have selected two beams, one on each floor.
I found about 30 holes.
In fact, we must cherish this insect which looks like a wasp, it’s an ichneumon-fly.
It finds on the wood larvae, lays its eggs and, the larvae eventually die. And, most likely we are talking about different kinds of larvae of wood fretters. There is a lot of useful information in the Internet.
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Tell me, please, I took boards of a conifer for the floor, and from the batch several boards were rejected because of visible defects: holes with a larva inside like a white caterpillar. Is it possible that the rest of boards are infected too, although on the surface they are without visible damage.
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
I learned this theme for myself.
If the board was sawed from a contaminated material, the larvae moves must appear. Eggs from which larvae emerge later, the female beetle lays in cracks and crevices – so, pay attention to their presence.
And, in any case, you should treat the board with a good preventive antiseptic. So, that will be useful not only from the beetle, but from a fungus and a mildew (which is much worse).
baltazar
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
I read an article about timber worms and in my case I have concluded that my boards are strucked by wood wasps. Does somebody know any specific antiseptic against this parasite, or any rubbish. :roll: :roll:
expert
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
From my own experience
A part of lumber that was affected by the bark beetle I sent for a firewoodt. They were cut out and then we fetched the larvae for experiments. We haven’t modern productsin our town,so I tried a disinfector № 276 “Antibug wood cosmetics" and a mixture of a kerosene, a turpentine 1:1.
So, "276" is a complete garbage, the larva didn’t die even after 10 minutes of “swimming” in this solution. The solution was dried up, and the larva pulled itself together and tried to escape.
A mixture of turpentine and kerosene is something, the larvae twitched about 5-15 seconds (depending on size) and dead.
Weekly I will look for more larvae on boards, and try a malathion. Choose the most efficient one! :!: :!:
buldozer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Good afternoon. I have troubles in my house.My batten is affected by the bark beetle, I’m going to treat with a "Senezh-Inc," but I have a question-Is it safe for living? There is a recommendation only for use. Is it possible to use home immediately after the treatment? Thank you.

:mrgreen:
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
It turns out that it is sometimes useful to read the instructions for the tool. For example, I bought a building foehn, and was surprised to learn that it could deal with insects.
So, you need to buy a funnel with a nozzle and a thin proboscis. The funnel is inserted into the channel, mady by timber worms? then you should turn on a building foehn and warm up holes of inhabitants. I would put there some oil, but in the manual it says nothing about it.
:!:
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Oh, help me, please. Suddenly I discovered that two rafters were driled (a diameter of 1 mm) and in an amount of 20-30 pieces. Probably, originally the beam has been damaged, as on two places of a board can be seen a motion. What kind of bug is it? And how do I poison it (a building foehn doesn’t fit!). And, generally, is there something alive? :ugeek:
constructor
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
I bought a jar of “Dr norteks” 0.94 kg at the weekend. I treated a board in two course overlay (to see whether the difference is visible) in prder to check whether the timber is not toned and how it will behave in the sun. Another board I treated with a brush, and caught a beetle with long antennae and out it on a board, covered with a plastic cup. Second beetle was simply dipped in a“Norteks” and also put under the cup number 2 on the same board. I caught another bug without antennae and put it into the cup number 3. All bugs were submitted for a couple of hours.
The result: only one bug died that was dipped in a“Norteks”, others slowly crawling away.
P / s. Usually, when walking around home it’s not particularly hard to find a beetle with long antennae it takes about 3-5 minutes :-)
:o
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
I have not seen these bugs. I have some beetles time to time with their thick trunks, crunching under foot ..
I can’t get to the 2nd floor (stairs removed). These bastards are falling from there. Beams are not processed there from inside. Maybe have they their nest on the 2nd floor?
buldozer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
It’s terrible what I have in my unfinished house.
Over the weekend, I found and killed about 20 beetles (there are capricorn beetles, black, the length of antennae is 1 cm slightly shorter than the beetles themselves). Inside the house is a log-house, half brushed, half just debarked (because there is a bathroom and the walls are from plasterboard). Everything was treated 2 years ago by “Senezh Ognebio”. We began looking for, and found in the debarked part, there are places where there are larvae. They sit in one place and move into the depth of wood, however, rather superficially. So, there is urgent we need to finish and cover. If a “Neomid” is so good - this is really fun, I plan to cover with it.
Поделиться:

Вернуться в «Information and reviews of wooden houses»

Войти через социальную сеть

Быстрая регистрация и авторизация через социальную сеть ®

Вход

Имя пользователя: Пароль: