baltazar
Эксперт
Отзывов: 0
Бонусы: 0.00
Благодарил (а): 1 раз
Баллы репутации: 0
Личное сообщение
Тема: Re: Insects are the timber worms.
The beam was in some areas marred by drops of a dried clay like a mud. When we cleared, we recognized the clogged passages. That were wasps who did it. Judging by their speed, the "Pinoteks” was not a hindrance. While I apply a gel from cockroaches and ants. Fortunately, there were damaged only two logs - on each floor.
Maybe someone has already solved this problem? Tell me, please. :geek:
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
On the Internet, I tried to find the information on this topic. :P
Sometimes wasps and flies {like striped small flies} nest in the rotten wood. He came to the conclusion that they occupied 2 logs, which were damaged, possibly, by
the lightning, And they, systematically, once a year, smell out a heart and make their holes. Their activity is June-July.
If there were larvae of the bark beetle, their "crunch" would be heard. The first timber witch has been damaged was in the bedroom at 50 cm from the bed.
baltazar
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
This summer, we have the wood ants in the bath...
We bought a "Senezh" and gumed outside and inside. Now, they are not visible!
expert
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
A disaster!
I have already written about my fears of our enemies at home. How terrible! But they are confirmed. On the floor and on the on the walls of my new wooden house (construction was completed in 2007) I found gnawed holes.
Last year was nothing like that. Today, under the sink, I have found a pile of a wood flour and the disgusting big larvae.
I urge all, those who build a wood house. Check carefully the quality of materials and treat them with a biosecurity.
And what will happen to my house, it’s terrible to think.
Of course, I will now fill the every hole with a poison.
But the trouble is, that, it will probably need to open the floor and tear off the batten. And, will this helpful?..
The house was completed up 100% last year. What joy, then!
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
I never believe all these predictions with the leap year.
But for some reason, this year gives me much trouble.
And, I lost my car, and the lot didn’t work (just now I gonna return the deposit), and, now, the worst thing that my house is occupied by bark beetles. Well, really, am I so unlucky or is it a leap year? That is now the harmony of nature?...
:D
buldozer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
A strange topic ... But from the slugs, in fact, there is no salvation ... And yet, in my opinion, the theme is created for some reason...
constructor
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Dear,bill, at the most critical stage of construction, I was on business in your region of Chelyabinsk. Coming back home, I began to fight with the builders.
So, why am I appealing to potential developers from wood.
My materials were good.
There was no suspicion on the quality of materials.
And, I made lazy builders treating the frame. But, I didn’t stand around at any moment. :roll:
expert
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
The tobacco dust is an excellent tool to combat with the bark beetle. The leaves of tobacco (tobacco) contain from 0.5% to 10% of one of the strongest plant poisons - the alkaloid nicotine. In addition, tobacco kills insect larvae (for the adults, it is almost harmless) and as known many wood-insect larvae feed on wood.
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Thank you all for the information.
I found the company for sanitizing the houses from pests.
They put smoke bombs ( as in the story of the salvation of church), envelop beetles with the smoke, and, then, they kill them. So, you can not unstick batten, the poison penetrates through cracks. I do not know how effective is it.
I'll try this fumigation. And, we'll see, may (alas) I have to do something more radical.
constructor
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
They put smoke bombs…oh.. envelop beetles with the smoke, and, then, they kill them. could you tell me ...? where should I take it? This poison. The same problem!! To tell the truth, we found on the street terrace, too, such holes. We gave an injection of a diesel fuel into each hole. But it was on the street! And then we brought the bar and when we started to treat with chemicals, we found these holes.
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
I have a similar problem. Logs were laying for some time on the site, as it turned out the floor was also made of planks with the remnants of the crust - that's there, probably, they have developed. In general, the only way for it is a complete aeration. There are companies involved in this. It is done during the summer period. The house is pumped with a poisonous gas for a month and then ventilated (a natural gas in touch of the oxygen decomposes), the price begins at 10000 rubles and more. I think it is the output for the finished house, the main thing that after the airing gas evaporates without any residue, but it doesn’t protect against future infections – so, we have to frighten off beetles! :oops:
expert
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Horrors of your town. How did survive the old houses of Irkutsk, Yeniseisk, Tobolsk to this day? The wooden architecture called Kizhi? After the time, when they were built wasn’t even a primitive bio-impregnation "Senezh”. The wooden structure is a residential complex of micro-environments inhabited by dozens of breathers besides the human himself. What a country house without a mouse? oh..oh.. spiders, moths, centipedes, swallows under the roof and bugs are “our neighbors” under the roof. I think that in any case of turning and drilling of wood insects, your home will survive his owners. Live long and let live others.
expert
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Dear, buldozer. Your optimism about bio-abundance home amazes.
Maybe, your house is made of stone, not of wood.
I studied the issue. There are fundamental means of destroying beetles, - fumigagiya phosphine.
Only, we are not be able to do everything with the rules.
You can apply toxic substances, but our companies don’t make yet a full sealing.
In America, let's say, in California, where almost 90% of homes affected by termites, producing so-called a full-house sealing.
Our companies don’t do it, so, where is the guarantee that after treating, these bastards will die? In fact, it’s a serious question!
Wood went up in price, and what we wil get afre 2 years of construction? And who will compensate our moral and other expenses?
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
We also have this problem! We brought the frame, but my husband didn’t like joists and they put him others, so, good, but they were not processed from the cortex. And this week we decided to tear the bark and treat with the antiseptic. Oh! Under the bark we saw the white larvae and holes. The whole site have been realized and the best way was to put these joists to the sawmill and finish the basement (we haven’t yet completed it) And then these bastards will eat the whole house. On the rest of the wooden house we didn’t find any problem!
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
God forbid! My old home was built before the war in 1937. During the occupation, the Germans lived there. When I changed the lower crowns with my father, then diged out a bucket of the German bullets. Somewhere in the 90s we changed the shingles on the iron. It's slightly tilted and sank, but at the age of 70 he wasn’t eaten by bugs, though, the mouse is constantly trying to do some holes. Soon, I will build at its place a new wooden house with a boarded roof and the floorboards. And no chemicals and paints! No paint on the floor or from outside. It will last my time. :lol:
expert
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Maybe in some regions thisn’t such problem, but I have a forest nearby, it is full of dead and rotten trees. So, that the beetle will not go anywhere and I should treat timbers with the antiseptic. You can say anything but when I found myself five worms in my cabin, witch length of 2 cm, in the floor boards??. Over the weekend, about five burly beetles were caught and killed - each had about 40 larvae. One such bug can destroy logs for a couple of years, postponing the larvae in them. And believe me I have not read a lot of books. Personally, for 2 months I found in a log 5-7 bark worms and dozens of small near the cortex. Now, a half of them are not suitable for construction.
And at the expense of the wooden buildings of the first half of last century will say this: Log home before was built from the logs are not devoid of a resin – a natural protection. But, now before the felling of tree they stretche a resin, which gives to logs a better efficiency, but nevertheless deprives the defense.
baltazar
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
What a load of rubbish! :mrgreen: How do you, my dear, imagine the process of pulling out the resin from a tree before felling? And who does engaged in this sabotage? Of course, if you take a milled log, then, there is almost no resin. If you look closely at the end of a log, then, you'll see that the layers are under the bark to the heart of the log at 1 or 5 cm, depending on its thickness. And, the machine cuts off this surface during the processing. But, none specifically deals with the destruction of the resin, I think.
constructor
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
- :oops: I do not know how to extract the resin - but it's a fact!. Before the felling of forest the resin is extracted for the wood rosin, when the tree stands still. (Many persons, who are engaged in log cabins said it to me,) Why do you think there is no cawing of crows in March or in April? You will not guess right. They are sitting on the eggs and they are not cawing. That the beetles themselves don’t gnaw anything. And, their voracious larvae do it. The eggs are oviposited under the bark in summer, where there is a sap – a tender, a juicy strip in which the larva is developing. The larva is engaged in this deal in winter. In the winter woods we always hear a fraction of woodpeckers. Therefore, we should get rid of the bark immediately and carefully. A time to deal with the larvae is chosen correctly – It’s autumn.
expert
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
:lol: -It is strange that you have never seen in the forest the entire plantations of the collection of pine resin. The wood rosin (probably, everyone knows, what it is) is made entirely of a pine resin. The first sign that the tree is devoid of a pitch is a set of V-shaped notches. You are right. A tree devoided of the resin is not protected from rotting or from any of the pests. He needs to be protected by the impregnation. Here is the reason of the persistence of a wooden architecture. I met a lot of cases when disassembling the old houses, the wooden floors were built directly on the ground. And the boards were in order over 40 years! So, the old masters said that such a "resin floor" was made of old pine trees, and they took only the radical part of a stem.
constructor
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
And 180000 tons of the wood rosin produced in Russia per year, does nothing tell you? This rosin goes for the production of lacquers, glues and impregnating different formulations in the electronic industry, etc. :roll:
Поделиться:

Вернуться в «Information and reviews of wooden houses»

Войти через социальную сеть

Быстрая регистрация и авторизация через социальную сеть ®

Вход

Имя пользователя: Пароль: