baltazar
Эксперт
Отзывов: 0
Бонусы: 0.00
Благодарил (а): 1 раз
Баллы репутации: 0
Личное сообщение
Тема: Re: Insects are the timber worms.
Hello. I begin to talk and just managed to skim about timber worms in the topic. I would like to check with colleagues who carried out the fumigation of their homes with the assistance of different companies, how effective it was and whether they are alive right now (just kidding). How did you treat? Were there any adverse health effects after the treatment?. It would be nice to recommend a company to me. I read about phosphine. Is it poisonous? But this is understandable otherwise the beetles would not be dead. But one representative of a company (I found one) swears that after all the drainage evrething will be safe, and larvae will die (the house is sheathed inside and out, a bark beetle is eating the house). How the degassing goes? All the information is fragmented, and I don’t want to believe someone’s advertising. Maybe someone will enlighten details? Thanks in advance. :geek:
constructor
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Here are photos of timber worms. On Web sites I nowhere found. They are eating a tree with a frightening speed. Tools like “Antizhuk” don’t work, a used oil - too. What are they? They eat according to locals, only a aspen.
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
I treat such pests with a used oil, I took from a gasoline engine because it’s more toxic than from a diesel one, and you know, it helped me. There is no more flour in the corners. :cry:
expert
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
I read the whole topic (I’m interested in it a long time), a literature (not advertising) on this issue there is not enough. Pests can be divided into two groups:
1 - timber beetles. :!:
2 - house beetles. :!:
The first group grow in a fresh wood at the time of acquisition of certain wood moisture content, they can penetrate into logs and wood material. There were instances when they affected boards composed in pads for the dryer (not dried yet). After dropping the moisture of wood, these bugs do not penetrate into the wood and don’t live more than one life cycle in a tree, and they don’t hit the wood twice.
These beetles leave holes of 1-2 mm, they don’t make a threat to a tree, they don’t stay in a finished product. They affect more often a white spruce. :idea:
In one of the posts about a carcass have been described those bugs. There no problems with them.
These beetles don't practically affect a fir, but if you leave pine logs with a cortex, then the wood will become soft, and it will be nice for a bark beetle. It leaves large, up to 5 mm moves irregular-shaped. Just after the drying of wood, they leave it.
They damaged a shaped beam (in one of the posts in pics) when it was a log in a wood depot. Now it isn't in a wood, so it makes no sense to change logs. It’s enough to gloss holes with a white glue and a sawdust.
The second group is more difficult. There are many house bugs, that hit a tree not earlier than three years, depending on a region, most of them leave the tree after a usual treatment of poison from insects.
But some problems may arise, that is why there are rumors about abandoned villages, although as I think there were other reasons.
Therefore, with household beetles each case needs to be analyzed separately, with the assistance of specialized literature, and listen less to advertising, in most cases they only induce panic. :geek:
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Hi, there!
Tell me, please, what kind of insects i have? and how to deal with them? After the assembly of lumber about 3 years passed, the frame was processed by products called “Tikkurila”, antiseptics from outside and covered with a lacquer from inside, and this year on May and June we heard some knocking in different rooms, yesterday we revealed a lot of holes in the walls.
buldozer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
There are antiseptics like “Antibug”....
It is necessary to sprinkle with a syringe into the holes. Yesterday, fiiled the holes with “Belinka” .. but at the store was said that it wouldn’t help. They say that I should remove the finish and all antiseptize, inside and outside... ;)
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Indeed, that’s nonsense. Our truss system was in some places in the cortex, where were many larvae which began hatching .. But then, we were told that we had the type of beetles that grow up and fly away. But bear a rattle even from one beetle is unbearable ... We nearly went mad. In this topic one man recommended a professional medical antiseptic, especially for the infected wood. we were not lazy and bought it. We filled with syringes all holes, cracks, and then we simply brushed on a batten. This antiseptic is harmless for warm-blooded organisms. Valid only for these bastards. There was a result. They were lying dead on the floor. We were pleased and we hadn’t to disassemble the batten. The product is called “Lignofiks-I-Pro” (lignofix-I-Profi). There is a web site that you can be found by searching. :roll: :roll:
constructor
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
My floors are covered with a varnish and walls and a ceiling were initially treated with an antiseptic and then finished by paint. ;) We didn’t anything skin and remove. We acted on the instructions to the drug: If the wood has already impressed by timber worms, enter a solution or a concentrate with a syringe in available visible cavities formed by larvae of bark beetles. In addition, since the larvae gnaw their long passages along logs or timbers, theretofore the phase of pupation is not going out of surface layers, it is necessary to provide cross barriers impregnated by the drug. For this purpose with a thin long drill , drill a few holes with a diameter of 3-4 mm at one transverse surface of treated material three quarters of its thickness. The holes should have a small slope and drilled in increments of 4-5 cm. so, you make several holes along the wood with an interval of about 1 meter. Then, fill the holes with a syringe with a solution (1:4 with water) of Lignofix I-profi. After the soaking of solution, repeat the procedure 1-2 times. The slope of the holes, which stated above, must prevent the leakage of the solution injected by syringe from the drilled holes. After the execution of these steps, you will have the impassable barriers which could be able to protect your stuff from a further destruction. We can say we were lucky - we have only crunched the attic of the beetles, because we didn’t make builders removing the bark from rafters. We also had a cheap paneling):-) not a luxury one)) and had all sorts of cracks, holes from stumps, so we sprinkled a poison. Of course you can just demolish the batten, even covered with a varnish, but don’t worry you could be able to polish and finish it again. About bugs I can not say for sure, but ours were not house beetles. So, they only grow under the bark of raw wood, as the wood dries, they hatch, the beetles crawl and fly away, they wouldn't lay larvae. Just stay the holes, and as we were told there was no danger. But I just couldn’t stand that crunch, so I could not wait until they would be full ... and I discovered another amusing moment- when there is a bad weather on the street, especially a strong wind and rain, these beetles straight come out in packs from everywhere ... thanx God we treated them with a poison, and they were crawning almost dead. In my aunt’s shed in a bad weather was a whole nest of beetles crawling out from everywhere above ... it was a shock ... But now there was not a single creature. In general, on saying that there are two hundred species of beetles that’s why it is so hard to understand.
After a departure, they are looking for a tree, preferably wet or rotten in order to lay the larvae. My beetls love firs, and they don't look to an aspen or a pine. It is very interesting thing! :P
baltazar
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
As for me I have a capricorn beetle ... I will give a piece of advice to everyone who begin building, not even the advice but a strict requirement. I know from experience that for the construction using a 25mm board with a wane, so-called class II, it is used for sheathing, rough floors, that's fine, BUT! the cortex has been completely.removed When the house is closed for the first year (for glued and frame it does not apply), the microclimate inside is bad, a fungus and a mold can easily occur, and for the beetles is not the problem to penetrate through the bark into the wood. Without the crust, on a bare wood, pests can’t practically get. So, neither a bark in the house.

:mrgreen:
buldozer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Dear, colleagues! Today that’s a terrible day for me! :(
We bought 5 trucks of timbers from Voronezh, it is nearly 200 cubic meters, but it is affected by bark beetles (these white worms under the bark). And a lot of holes in the wood. 5 trucks of the forest – it is nearly 550 thousand rubles! It’s not possible to return the forest, because I will lose more for the deliver, and it’s useless to argue with loggers.
What should I di now? Is it possible to kill them by chemicals?
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
You wonna saw a forest or logs? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Saw boards and sell them depends on quality.
for the rest of forest - take off the bark and cut for the health))
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
As it turned out the forest was eaten on May or last year. i.e on the log there are about hundred holes on each meter. :geek:
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
200 cubic meters of forest? Most likely you will spend on destroying beetles much more than on a delivery - both money, and nerves. I'm tired to destroy them from two cubes of forest, and now 200.
buldozer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Timbers have being already delivered and lie on the site. I do not understand what to do with them. it’s not possible to return, I will be ruined on a delivery. We can only treat with a poison, and build some technical house. :( :( :(
constructor
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Sell it to someone else, such as producers of CBS, and they will sell it to those who believe in a higher density and a durability of timbers without a sapwood. :roll:
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
I do not know what to advise, I sympathize with you in your sorrow. Maybe someone will give you a good piece of advice!
When we were building – we had a same problem because we had a "dead"wood. And it was expected. Probably, you have also a "dead" wood.
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Help me, please!!! We have a house made of concrete blocks. We have a wood paneling and cladding including a ceiling inside. One room was used earlier as a sauna. Then, since 10 years it became just a closet. Shelfs and a ceiling began to disassemble. And then we discovered that the rear boards had holes. I completely remove everething and burn.
the main question whether these creatures spread throughout the house? A paneling is burned but the frame is OK. I didn’t hear anything. Should I treat rooms with a dichlorvos Will they die?
:geek:
expert
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Too much cubic content. It’s not possible to treat them by biocidal compositions DIY. The effect may be so weak. You can’t treat all holes. You need something like a closed chamber (or a stand-alone canopy), load there a wood and poison. I tha outdoors it will be a futile exercise.
baltazar
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Today, I have discovered very small holes of these insects, help me, please to identify them...
Hmm..
That’s cool.
How are you going to unbark wood by a machine? Unbark everything!.
Rent an iron hangar, or. buy (rent) a container 40 ft.
Fold logs there in a pile of air. I.e after installation of timber 100x100.
Pre-seal a container.

To buy, not sparing the sulfur smoke bombs, and gaze an entire forest. You will kill everything. And will get fumigated logs 5 times more expensive than they were.

Good luck.
:mrgreen:
constructor
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
It’s a very beneficial insect. It’s called a ichneumon-fly.
"An ichneumon-fly lay eggs on the insect, its larva, caterpillar, in a body using a special sting that pierces the victim's body with a lightning speed. From the egg hatches the larva corresponding type of ichneumon-fly and sucks the 'owner"
Поделиться:

Вернуться в «Information and reviews of wooden houses»

Войти через социальную сеть

Быстрая регистрация и авторизация через социальную сеть ®

Вход

Имя пользователя: Пароль: