• Автор: bill
bill
Эксперт
Отзывов: 0
Бонусы: 0.00
Баллы репутации: 0
Личное сообщение
Тема: Re: Insects are the timber worms.
Good afternon. Inspired by the theme about bark beetles I decided to ask us. I found a lot of bugs in a wooden house.
Can someone tell me whether they are dangerous or not for the home. And, why do they come to us? ;)
baltazar
Эксперт
Благодарил (а): 1 раз
Личное сообщение
It's hard to say. On the first pic the larva doesn’t consider eating the wood. There are many such larvae in the places where there is no ventilation and there is a mold (the underground, the raw concrete cellars, etc.) The second larva is a family of beetles. Perhaps, you have these "parasites" in the stocks of cereals, flour and pasta. Look at the cupboard. But I could be wrong because I’m not a entomologist.
expert
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
;) - Get a plenty of clean, less junk and don’t worry. But, on the second pic - it looks like one of the largest species of the bark grinder. But it’s hard to see. Take the better picture of it! and put a ruler near by. The struggle with them is virtually impossible. Get rid of things with holes, replace the boards, if it’s possible. Especially, if the light wormhole dust is pouring. The more it scatters, the fresher the defeat. In addition, the larvae eat, and they are much more tenacious then cockroaches and rats.
constructor
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
And what is the diameter of the hole? I have the holes up to 9 mm, and no one knows who he is. Have you seen that these holes of wasps?
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
We also have the same holes. These days, we have recently tried to pick off this hole where we have seen a fat "monster” looking like a swap, but it was too tight she was sitting. We have directly the frame in the field which was milled and stayed undamaged, and the frame that has been in the cortex – it’s scary to watch, it looks drilled. When the bark was ripped, I was in shock! Expert is right - the larvae like living under the bark! Beneath the bark are little bastards! I have a cabin almost in the woods and they (the wasps) make such hives in the attic of an old house. What shoul I do with them??
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
OMG. We filled these oval holes in our old frame with a solar oil..- right there in the hole. Chore, but we are doing this procedure about 7 years and the new holes haven’t been seen since. But we had a street and that's how it is in the house, I do not know.
buldozer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
After a close examination, I found the oval holes in a tree. I have already filled these holes with the “Senezh”. I just don’t understand: if this is a bark beetle, it turns out, that he lives in a tree. How do they completely eliminate? ... I don’t understand. Plus, if I plank the home, I will not even know how much they will eat and in what surfaces.
buldozer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
:idea: In general, this beetle I saw.. It looks like a capricorn beetle. There are so many varieties. A nasty neighbor. I also faced these insects. The reason of their appearance is a bad forest. Logs or planks laid after cutting with the bark. These bugs are the forest attendants! A sick tree attracts the bugs that flying to the smell of the "sick" tree. They make larvae. A dry tree, as a rule, they don’t touch, but if they already live in this tree, then, they will eat it up. In my case the bug lives in the slab, from which are made the rough ceilings, floors and stuff. The frame, himself, is normal. Some of these boards I replaced. much trouble… In general, after the former owner I got a lot of problems. Putting everything together, I realized that I wuild spend a lot of time and effort on the rework, and as a result, I wouldn’t get what I wanted. Thereforem I decided to build a new home.
Do not worry so much!. Find the heart maybe it's just a few logs or planks. Replace a diseased tree. If it’s a mass lesion, you need to try a chemical treatment or planning for building/buying a new home or accept the situation.. :idea:
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
I began a struggle with pests of my wooden house.
After reviewing all available methods, I decided to gain the firm for a chemical processing of house. At the beginning of September, when the outside temperature was not below + 15 ° C (this is a necessary condition for a treatment), the employees of the company held a fumigation with phosphine, previously sealed the whole house. Before the gassings I disabled a water source, a gas, an electricity, and I had to drag the food to the barn. In any case, I also removed the dishes, a bunch of other things, although the employees of the company said that it wasn’t obligatory to do this. Two weeks later, the degassing was carried out. It was only possible to go home after 3 hours of ventilation. On the day of degassing, after 5 hours of a ventilation (I decided to secure), I stayed overnight at the cottage. Honestly, there were fears. Will I wake up in the morning? The phosphine - a very strong poison with a great penetrating power (it penetrates even through the concrete, as I explained by employees of the firm). True, it decomposes very quickly, and after several days it doesn’t pose a danger.
The results can be judged only in spring, when the beetles become active and crawl out of the holes.
If I see them again, I’ll do a refumigation.
The procedure isn’t cheap. The cost is calculated depending on the living area.
It costs me, taking into account the work of sealing the house, about 20000 rubles.
I went to such expenses as this is the most effective means. There was no any choice.
:oops:
expert
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
I've been already warned: The capricorn beetles eat the bark and under it, mostly a sapwood, it is softer. The only effective precaution is to destroy the entire cortex (burn it once), substitute that can be dine, not hesitatung the disadvantages of this procedure. A speed of eating home depends on many circumstances of living larvae (it is larvae who eat, and the beetle just gnaws at the surface. There shouldn’t be any slab or wood not only at home, but, also, in the area, even temporarily. It is desirable to agitate your neighbors too.
IMPORTANT! Except the gas fumigation NOTHING TAKES THEM OUT. The liquids can not simply penetrate through the wood on the depth of the right amount of a venom. Plus, they are very tenacious, they may temporarily pupate under the adverse conditions, and the chrysalis will survive. Do not waste money and effort for “Senezh” and other products against the beetles. or you have to poison each larva… This a professional advice of the entomologist with a narrow specialization. The product instructions lie. :-)
I wish you success in an unequal struggle! No prodcts could prevent a new entomological infection! Only a prevention, a life without a dead bark and ghost cells.
baltazar
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Well, but if I really want to use the furniture from the rough tree with snags, thick trunks in the capacity of posts?
Then, how to process them? Should I call the professionals because of it?
Can you advise some medication for a treatment? Thanks in advance, because I love a deliberately crude style of a homemade furniture. It’s delightful!
constructor
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
The restorers (the professionals by education) know all of above. But the professionals are few. And, whom should we ask among the professionals? A firm can offer only a gas fumigation. Read first posts!
A chemical processing! because nothing takes it!
Try to use a copper sulfate.
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
In my case, a copper sulfate will not help.
In Moscow, I found the only one company that uses the most radical way to fight against these enemies: the fumigation with phosphine, a strong poison that has a great penetrating power. As I have been told, unfortunately, a great number of houses in the suburbs of Moscow is infected with this junk.
;)
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Colleagues! Tel me, please, the method to deal with this bastard((.
In March, we placed the box, it was treated with the antiseptic. And, then, we have recently discovered the holes in the logs. The diameter of 4-5 mm and the dust of rotten wood around.
Some holes have been patched.
I filled them with the antiseptic and used the tank of “fumitoks”. Now, I’m waiting for a spring. I will treat the house for the second time.
:twisted:
buldozer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
What’s a nightmare! And, much eaten? the bark beetle? In the evening I’m going to find out a recipe..
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
In my new wooden house for the second year after the end of building process I discovered a capricorn beetle.
To destroy the beetles I decided to use the most effective of currently available means.
In September, I called the firm to come to my cabin for a chemical treatment of the home.
They made a fumigation with phosphine, a strong poison.
I wrote about this in the forum topic "Black beetles are enemies of our home" .
If you are interested in the coordinates of this company, please write to the PM. :P
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Thanks for the info.
In spring we are planning to batten our home.
Is there any tool that can be used at low temperatures?
-We have an old house in the yard. I met these beetles in it more than once. The house is about 16 years. When it was new, I often met them there, but, now, they are not there. They are so strange! They appear and, then, disappear. :lol:
baltazar
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
I heard that the suburbs of Moscow and surrounding areas are all infected with this bastard. If the home was treated with the preservative, therefore, the bark beetle appeared from the inside of the tree. In general, any beetle does not like a chemistry and don’t eat any dirt in contrast to the human.
buldozer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
We have a birch forest near by. A lot of rotten trees.
If the house is trimed with the concrete tiles, Is it protected from this scourge? But, before you should treat it well with the chemicals. As soon as it becomes warmer, I want immediately to begin processing. At +5 C or +7 C is it possible to carry out the treatment?
expert
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
You can treat with the “white spirit” (The “Aquatex”, “pinoteks”, "bioteks”, etc.). And, then, they will appear. They don’t like the smell.
I have friends in the region of Smolensk who built the house from the local wood and treated boards with the help of the national method – a gasoline.
Поделиться:

Вернуться в «Information and reviews of wooden houses»

Войти через социальную сеть

Быстрая регистрация и авторизация через социальную сеть ®

Вход

Имя пользователя: Пароль: