bill
Эксперт
Отзывов: 0
Бонусы: 0.00
Баллы репутации: 0
Личное сообщение
Тема: Insects are the timber worms.
Good morning,all!
My father has an aspen log cabin in the country. Last summer there were some insects in the wooden house. My father treated with a biosecurity, and everything was ok. But this summer it was the same deal and it seems with a renewed strength. If it was only inside, previously, but now, there is outside too. There are piles of wood on the floor, in the form of flour, the holes in the logs are small.
Tell me, please, what to do? What protective measures should I take ?
Thank you very much for comment.
Best regards, :P
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Тема: Re: Insects are the timber worms.
:o So, terrible thing! One such scum, I was able to destroy only with a hot oil, as even a hot water did’nt take it. It has already eaten a big fragment of the window opening.
buldozer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
We can determine, somehow, their nests, place, egg rafting and deliberately bomb? I am genuinely sorry for you ... My mother in law has also the aspen log house, she injected with a syringe some antiseptic solution and it worked. To tell the truth, then we used a batten. :?:
Последний раз редактировалось buldozer 19 сен 2011, 15:32, всего редактировалось 1 раз.
constructor
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
The same sort of garbage I've struggled with in the early 70's ... Then, my papa brought a bottle of some nasty things, and we were sprinkling with a syringe holes ... It was so fun! We also had an aspen log cabin.
The most interesting is that he is still there. It only has a broad and batten paneling. I have'nt been there for 10 years, but that's another story..
The liquid was just an insecticide, and it was for the struggle with bark beetle worm. And, only after a year or two, we covered the frame with varnish, oil, paint, and some other. :evil:
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Thanks for the responses!
But I would like to hear more specific answers or advice..
Specifically, how much and what should I sprinkle?
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
As they say, the insects infest the dry tree. If there is a moisture, there is a life. No water - no insects. What do you think?
expert
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Hello, everyone! Maybe this question has already asked, but, sorry, I didn’t found. The problem is. My colleague in the Ryazan region has a country log house. So, this house is attacked something. And something is eating it. Rafters have been already eaten. He had to replace they with the new ones. :mrgreen: Now, it consumes logs with a terrible force. Who eats - I don’t know. Most likely is the bark beetle. He crawles inside the timber and eats it up there. Maybe, someone knows how to get rid of the pests and save the house?
There are, maybe,some effective antiseptic that can exterminate pests from wood?
constructor
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
A tobacco dust kills wood-boring animals. It uses as a prevention during the construction process. And if a half of the house has been already eaten?
expert
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Such topic, I saw somewhere, but, maybe, not in this forum. And I became interested in it due to the fact that bark beetles have begun to eat our new shed. Maybe, in a big house I wouldn’t learn about their existence, but we have a small loghome. We are sitting in silence and hearing a crunch. It is killing me. So, now, I an eager to exterminate such parasites.. All I could find in this subject – is not very suitable for the implementation. Some people suggested a heat gun. It was necessary to raise the indoor temperature above 40 degrees... Immediately, there were the calculations for the consumption of electric power, the costs for the gun, so, is was not economically profitable. The next thing, that is important that we are talking about the beetle (there are large beetles, which are eatting just the bark), but not about the wood borers (little worms, which are eatting just a tree), so, there is no remedy with them. :D
We decided to use the preservation of wood. We bought a German preservation (I read the available information on the Internet), we decided that it was better than the domestic, especially, it was the specific treatment of bark beetles. A high price! But we have a small cabin and we purchased it and treated the house. We acted in accordance with instructions: after painting, the room was closed for a week. The smell was very high. I can’t imagine how to do this process in a home living?.. We swept a bunch of beetles, but the crunch was continued. The fact that the poisonous fumes affect only beetles that coming out. Larvas are hiding somewhere in the depths, and fumes don’t work.
In autumn the crunching stopped. Probably, all extincted, I hoped to.
But, curiously enough, in spring a familiar sound came again. Not as strong as last year, but still ... They liked our house.. :twisted:
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Several cans of German oil called Holzwurm - Frei left from one of my exhibitions. Last year, we discussed this subject actively, and then forgot about it. And, in case I have got several cans. Still thinking on whom I will try to. It costs about 1200 rubles per 2.5 liter. :lol:
Germans write that the flow is 30 ml per 1 sq. km. meter, but I believe that is is better to inject holles with a syringe. Note: soak in drilling holes through the process of dipping, greasing, spraying ... :-)
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
- Sorry, that I was absent for a long time. I went to the country, yet I have a plenty of time. There was an idea to throw a bridge over the drainage. I went to the market, where it costs around 10 700. So, I decided to do it myself. The following weekend, I think it will be done. I strayed from the topic.. I would like to thank everyone for the information. Of course, everithing is clear. Poor house, but we have to treat wooden buildings during the construction process. Once again thank you all.
baltazar
Эксперт
Благодарил (а): 1 раз
Личное сообщение
Hi, there! ;) I remember the good old days - the first building experience with my father! So, the logs were processed oil and milled and when, after five years we took the logs to finish the porch, there was not a bark beetle, and the logs were as new (almost)!
Note: there is one minus that the process smells bad, but as time passes the smell disappears!
And all sorts of bells and whistles from German and Finnish guys are wasted money! In my experience, I would say that they have good stain? but the rest of is worse!
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Build a loghome living without even thinking! The main thing is that your material should be treated with the antiseptic! And everything will be all right!
We have recently gone to the unfinished cabin of my husband and carried out building material that has been there for 15 years. I got a bit of shock because of the state of boards! That was awesome! Moreover, my husband told me that his father with his friends dismantled some Finnish panel houses, which, now, should have been about 60 years!! And our floor boards are from these houses! Just because of the processed wood, and nothing is to it!
expert
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Good afternoon!
What should I do in this situation. I have a pine frame house, the bark was cleared away during the assembly, after a couple of years the logs were processed and milled. In some logs there were small holes, the thickness of 2 mm, and in some places of logs the wood flour began to appear. Who is this – a bark beetle or a wormhole? As it is evident from reading the topic - imported and expensive means of treatment are ineffective. Are there still some fighting techniques? Thanks for your response.
constructor
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Hi, there! I would like to resume the discussion of the bark beetles. It seems to me that this question should excite everyone who live in a log home. I faced with this problem. I bought a house made of larch and found that the underground and the attic space have already inhabited by beetles. The medical inspection service advised us to treat all wood surfaces with a solution of the open chlorophos (100 gr. for the bucket of water) twice a year (May-June) with a period of 1.5-2 weeks. Now, we will treat surfaces for the 3 year. We were immediately said that it should be done 4-5 years. I would like to hear specific examples. Who and how solves this problem, which is the most effective way for a fight?
- And I have a couple more questions (maybe, somebody knows):
1) These reptiles have a preference - aspen, larch, pine ... What they eat worse?
2) Whether the log antiseptic impregnation saves logs? A coating or a paint?
3) Do they eat inside or outside, or anywhere?
PS. I examined my "pine" log home. I didn’t find anything.. except the wasp, building a nest in the attic,
baltazar
Эксперт
Благодарил (а): 1 раз
Личное сообщение
- Hello, everyone! Last year I acquired a frame house, after a long examination, I discovered some rims with small holes and a wood flour inside. Immediately, I took "Senezh bio” that was in hand and I filled the hole. In spring there were not holes?
Everywhere people advise to conduct a combat with larvas in spring. I will inject with a syringe (I was advised to take a pump with a fine tip) that will be in a store, then, I’ll seal up the holes with a wax, a turpentine and a kerosene (a resin for the thickness). First, a thick liquid and then, I did'nt think of. Do not be afraid that there is a lot of holes, it took to me about 10 minutes to flood the crown. Personally, I think losing two or three days for the prevention is better than later...
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
:( I also have some stuff with wings. It looks like a small wasp. For the prevention, I processed the holes by means of cockroaches. It is
a gel in a tube. For the presentuntil they have selected two beams, one on each floor. The frame was cut in January. Actually, my grandfather was talking about old and reliable means from all living creatures - an ordinary copper sulphate.
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Welcome summer residents!. :P :P
A month ago, on the walls of my wooden house I found beetles with a length of about 2 cm. Initially, I didn’t make any attention to. I decided that it was a larva from the bouquets of dried flowers in spring, which were in various places since last year. Today, out of curiosity, I tried to lean about all of the insects.
I realized that my bugs are very similar to wood pests, and, perhaps, this is the worst enemy of wooden buildings – the capricorn beetle, which eats up the trash timber buildings.
They wright about capricorn beetle that he damages most often the one-storey homes, made entirely of wood, often plastered inside, has been stood for 15-20 years. And all the pests live inside the "dead wood” .
My new house, was built in 2005-2007. The quality of timber is undisputed. How to save the house, if my fears will be confirmed?
There are many remedies that are used as the preventive measures in a construction stage.
What should I do?
buldozer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
That's terrible! We had such black worms in our home. We always considered them as the ground beetles.
House was built in 1947. They eat only the lower crowns. 8-)
constructor
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Yeah ... If everything is covered with a batten, you will not be able to treat it properly..It’s quite boringly, of course, but it is desirable to remove all the trim and treat abundantly with the composition of "Antizhuk"... Adult beetles, of course, will not be killed, but the larvae will suffer a lot..
Of course, if they have already entrenched deep into the wood, the treatment effect is not up 100%. Maybe there are other ways but I don’t know ... :shock:
Поделиться:

Вернуться в «Information and reviews of wooden houses»

Войти через социальную сеть

Быстрая регистрация и авторизация через социальную сеть ®

Вход

Имя пользователя: Пароль: