• Автор: constructor
constructor
Эксперт
Отзывов: 0
Бонусы: 0.00
Баллы репутации: 0
Личное сообщение
Тема: log home building ideas
Hello! I really need your help. We have recently bought a house in the village. We decided to make the repairs. Mom is planning to live there, even in winter. Well, there is no gas (we have a opportunity to have it, but it is quite expensive 25 000 hryvna). The house has a battery, and there is a hot-water heating. Only stoves left. A wooden house with coated bricks. Around the house there is no blind area. (One side only). But I was told that firstly I need to conduct the water to the house (a sewer), and then everything else. Is that correct? The well is in the yard for two masters. But neighbors have already conducted the water into the house. And they gave us a hint that if we also would cast a pump, the water would be not enough.
Though they use our point of 380V. It was such an agreement with the former owners. To argue with them is not desirable. But such a situation (okay, I walked away from the subject).
In the general I am interested of your advice.
1. Water (which is better a well or hole).
2. Heating (can we just buy electric batteries? Although the house has iron batteries).
3. HOW TO START AND PLAN this? Thank you all in advance.
expert
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Тема: Re: log home building ideas
You can make light plasterboard partitions with filling of a mineral wool. Rokton is soundproofing and not flammable. Clean and fast. You can use from a foam or gypsum blocks. But this is a wet process it is not be easy in your repairs...a gypsum in gas plates is completely environmentally safe material and I remember once installed even in the kindergarten. The installation of gypsum partition blocks is a great way to save money, because in a day there is no problem to install 30-35 square meters of tiles. Moreover, after the installation of partitions from such plates, the wall requires no additional processing and it is immediately ready for wallpapering or painting. An obvious plus of slot is its fire safety. A drywall can’t boast it.
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
What you do have with the electricity? How many amps in a board?
Gas is cheaper to conduct. Easy food to cook, hot water and to heat the stove is not required. P.S. As a city person (who has lived in the village this summer, I make an interior decoration at home). I would say that the most important thing in a country house. This is a normal toilet. In the second place there is some water, on the third place the electricity.
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Dear friends, I have a little question: where to begin repairs in the room?
I have a finishing in a private house; let’s begin with the first room. The room - the walls are insulated with "Paroc" and lined with plasterboard, for the floor – a concrete slab, for the ceiling - rough boards. The workers want to start with the ceiling - we want to make a one-level structure inside the suspended ceiling, then the floor screed and then the walls - plaster, putty, wallpapers. Heating and electrical wires. Tell me, please, where to get a proper start. Thank you.
P. S. I called a company for stretch ceilings to learn when they gonna start - before or after the plasterboard construction. At first a suspended ceiling, then to build constructions. So, the ceiling comes to nothing, doesn’t it?
expert
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Usually, the people begin with the design of project, it can be easy. A space planning, a furniture placement, outlet switches. Before doing the ceiling - a turn-key finish, you need to spend all the dirty work, or by the end of repairs you will change the ceiling again. If the windows are already, they need to stick up. I had a lot of dust on windows, including mechanisms (because the workers smoked and opened the windows), the sill was spoiled from a mud.
constructor
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Usually, a repair follows the scheme as a ceiling, walls and a floor. If you plan to make a stretch ceiling, it is usually done in the least; you can even make it after pasting wall-papers, because suspended ceilings have independent structures. You can call profs and take from them a task to set their designs, and then give it to the workers to prepare the surface for ceilings. I agree with windows, once installed they must sealed with the foil, or workers will make them dirty. The worker should seal window sills, as they also killed at once.
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
A better way to begin with a plan?
For example, firstly, we made the plan and then we made the design (well, more precisely we were made), which everything was thought out and only then we made an estimate and started.
Maybe it's better to start? Firstly, you need to assess the condition of the foundation, roof, walls and transfers. A wooden house with coated bricks, there are many "surprises" may be hiding. Maybe it makes no sense to do anything until you bring all of above in order. After that, networks and then later projects, searchlights, etc. Well, or sell, with a minimal loss ...
baltazar
Эксперт
Благодарил (а): 1 раз
Личное сообщение
What I began repairing from:
The first thing I did was to find my old friend, an architect. He was called to the truth on the stage view of the newly purchased apartment and his professional opinion clinging box open plan of apartment immediately set up walls and doorways. After a home purchase we made a working drawing, and then we calculated the number of materials for the construction of walls, a plaster and a screed, now there is a construction of walls.
Once the room will find its final form communications, electricity, water, sewer, forced-air ventilation will be installed. Then there will be a plaster, after that the creation of ceilings from a drywall and finally a screed floor. End repair wall covering and flooring finishing device. In general, then something like this in a nutshell.
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Well, for example, my husband and I wanted to make the room lighting by the western principle, i.e. multi-level, but not much. A master told us that given the characteristics of windows and the fact that we want there would be a dim light in the children's area ...
Then we left the arrangement of furniture, and indeed the very furniture. I personally have traveled a lot of stores and found some options, but the master advised us a different configuration of furniture and told where to look it for. As a result, a space freed.
And there were a lot of these inspections that ultimately spoiled the overall picture and were less functional.
I do not know how someone can start with buying and pillows, and then picks them under a sofa and furniture; personally, we started with advice from experts. A designer, and then a foreman told us showed and made perfectly a clear picture - what we want and what we can do.
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
What are the options of finishing the ceiling in the house made of logs? The workers who build our house offer just lining boards. And I think to sheathe with the plasterboard and then paint? Maybe someone done so, share your experiences, please. The ceiling must if not to strengthen, but in any case not to kill the texture of wooden walls. And the wall paneling is a great choice. An absolutely harmonious home. The most beautiful of all I've seen. In three of 10 rooms there is a drywall. It’s very cute!
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
As for me, I think the drywall is not combined with logs. And not even visually but psychologically. Logs-wood-village ... Drywall-plaster-cardboard-box and not going in the direction of the village, and something natural, intimate by nature. But at the ceiling it is possible to adapt a bamboo mat. I do not know how much does it cost now, but it looks OK in my opinion. I made so in a bath to close gaps in the ceiling boards, and it turned out very beautiful ... Well, I think so. I will make pics on the weekend, and then I post them on Monday. It’s quite interesting whether a struggle for a purity of wooden house extends only to the exterior of house or on a synthetic insulation, DSP- furniture, new windows, a synthetic insulation too? (p.s. I ask ironically, I have wooden windows, for the insulation – a fox fur (just kidding), the furniture is made of wood, and I don’t like to sleep on synthetic materials).
expert
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
A full harmony of square log walls and a ceiling "positioned" on the beams. And also the bath with a bath mat on a ceiling. Respect. But when we have walls of brutal logs on the floor, solid wood doors and windows, and the ceiling dazzled by paneling with the layout. There is the feeling that you did not have enough money or going to redo. Here is a suitable material, but there is no matching form. All except ceiling is very beautiful! (IMIHO). I'm just finishing the roof in the country (2 storied log home + an attic) and for me the choice of ceiling, as well as a floor, a fireplace and stairs, has a great importance. And the idea is very tempting! I’d like to see it in a real life. The drywall in our city and in apartments and homes is made (no offense stated) in the bathrooms. And just as you are tired of siding, I’ am tired of drywall. And on your photo there is no ceiling, some emptiness, the unfinished construction doesn’t cut the eyes, does it? And for God's sake, do not take personal opinions to a personal account, because in the end, forums are needed to share our views. What luck that during the construction of a private house we can do with it what we want (within the state standards, of course), running away from a standard and an ordinary. An interior is our expression. Different cultural, educational and material status allows somehow arranging the world around us. A categoricity is counterproductive in the end we have a choice. So, in my opinion, there very creative and "tasty" ceiling design ideas in a log house.
baltazar
Эксперт
Благодарил (а): 1 раз
Личное сообщение
Hello!
I think how to make the ceiling in the log house, perhaps, it will be some version of a lattice of beams on the ceiling. And I have some questions:
1) What kind of material for the grillage? I am confusing, are there any false boards made of foam-like material?
3) What is more preferable inside the square: can we leave battens? (I think it is not very nice if you paint in white. In principle is the clapboard well painted in white?)
or we must attach a drywall on battens? I would be concerned by the question of electricity in a house.
Although, I think this is out of my grandmother. I do not like the open wiring as it bothered me in a communal flat.
And a ceiling? Make a casement ceiling, and it will be done with it)) I dream for the mirror ceiling. As not to get to the sky by hand))
Please, note that there are options with paneling painted in white and it looks very good, though a context and style of the room.
If you paint the battens in white, then you should be able to pre-treat bitches with a nail Oksolak, and then to cover with a water-based paint Vinh. And you can cover by glazing white antiseptic. If you just cover with paint than the swirls will manifest. And with using of Oksolak all depends on a quality and a moisture lining. There is a variety of decorative elements from any foam (I think so), ceiling moldings, rosettes under chandeliers, angles, all sorts of sculptures, including and imitation beams. They are sold in large DIY stores and building exhibitions (permanent). Not cheap, but nice. There's even a sculpture of Venus, fountains, arches, niches, etc.
Try to find the imitation of stucco moldings.
IMHO. To paint wood with color inks is a crime. Somewhere in the forum discussed the ceiling, particularly, painted plasterboard / a plywood. I do not like painted wood. But this is my own opinion. It is well painted, but it does not look good.
constructor
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
You should describe the form of the ceiling now and what would you like it to be. And according to that basis, it will be possible to advice.
Polyurethane beams are mounted generally on the ceiling of plasterboard, so as not to burden the design. Their cost is 3000 x 90 x 60 mm costs 1500-1600 rubles. And same length, but 120 x 120 mm - 2,100 rubles. Prices, of course, are approximate. Yes, the material is not afraid of moisture, but does not require any special care, but a natural material, in my opinion, is better.
If you want, you can wear out the natural timber. In order the ceilings in low areas do not put pressure, the square beam is not used but, for example 5 x 10 cm. If there is a need, we will unsubscribe the aging process.
Here are the options of polyurethane foam ceiling beams. First, at the ceiling a "block" is mounted and then glued an imitation of beams. I read a long time and use the idea of such forum.
Now came the turn to trim the ceiling, and a question raised:
"Is it possible to make the casement ceilings in the log house?"
In terms of water vapor permeability of the ceiling.
And how it will look aesthetically? Maybe someone made so or saw. Thank you in advance.
buldozer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
I think this is a matter of taste. And do not speak categorically. Some people like lining, and someone white ceilings. I like more a drywall. I'm not one of those people who believe that in a wooden house everything must be made of wood. It's impossible. The main thing is to please the eyes of one who will live in this house. A perception of the interior is no less important than the ecological house. It affects the psychological state of the person. And it is believed living in a wooden house At least 3 years? I made out of plywood 10 mm. Two bedrooms have whole flooring. I will paint in white; the joints will cover a layout, dark brown in color of the windows, but in the kitchen-dining room beams produced by 5 cm. They will brown as the windows and the ceiling will be white. Plywood has almost packed, my wife is painting now. Maybe next week I will post some pics.
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Beauty! This spring I will do a finish for the framework. I will make white plasterboard ceilings in the house, and similarly white on the terrace and on the porch in the attic floor. In addition roof and skirt around the first floor will also be filed and painted white.
From my point of view, a harmony is the use of multiple textures and several colors so that the eyes never tired of uniformity. The house made of logs. On the ceiling - decorative beams from the same milled beams. I do not want to put on the ceiling battens, as it is trivial. I liked the bamboo wallpapers. But as far as I know, they are for the wall. In connection with this issue, can they be glued to the ceiling? A base is a plywood or OSB (by the way, which is better?). If you can glue, what kind of glue is best? Thanks in advance.
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
The house made of milled logs. On the ceiling - decorative beams from the same milled logs. I do not want to put battens on the ceiling as it will be trivial. I liked the bamboo wallpapers. But as far as I know, they are for the walls. In connection with this issue, can they be glued to the ceilings? As a base – a plywood or OSB (by the way, which is better?). If you can glue, what kind of glue is better? Thanks in advance.
expert
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
And what is the actual problem? Glue! Wallpapers are for walls too, but they are glued to the ceiling. Read the instructions for the recommended glue and use it. Well, if you fear for the quality of gluing, then apply the glue to the ceiling preliminary. As far as I know, these wallpapers are quite heavy, and even when gluing on the wall they have to be fixed by the screws on top, otherwise they will during the adhesive just a little pop-up down. I personally think that they also should be fixed on a ceiling with something. If someone shares his experience, it will be very interesting. At the moment the ceiling of the second floor sewn by waterproof OSB plates 15 mm, the ceiling on the first floor by the plywood 8 mm (in some places began to bend). Can I use the OSB and the plywood as a finishing material, having plastered and painted them all the same, or I will have to trim with the drywall? How else can you decorate the ceiling, as my ideas of the drywall come to the end? Why do that crap in such beautiful wooden walls ceilings? Use a lining, the battens should be nailed on the length of the room. (I took such a long battens, as the length of the room), while the room seems larger. The rooms look great. Of course, in a wooden house a good idea to support the theme of the wood but very thoughtful. The option with the clapboard has already tired. It is for lazy and hasty people. On this topic I can say something but right now, believe me, I am in a hurry. Type in the search wood-beamed ceilings. If you do not find, then we will investigate.
constructor
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
I am probably also one of those people who believes that in a wooden house, the wood should be in moderation (I do not want to have a country style house). Yes, and I think the batten will look very pale close to the walls of cedar. I still want to hear the opinion from practitioners can I use the plywood and the OSB as a finishing material or to trim? There is an option as it calls the Polish ceilings. A wide quality planed edged board sewn at intervals overlapped each other. From the tone it is darker then walls. A very lively ceiling work. Europe works with it but we have another run. Sew what you want a flat plane, paint moderately in dark color for you taste. Attach something like a beam, breaking the ceiling into squares / beams with a color of walls. Inside the squares go around a standard skirting, a tone transitioned between the beam and the ceiling. This is so-called caisson variant. The dark ceiling, by the way, increases the space like no other - an example of a stellar bottomless sky.
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
I stick a couple of words. Maybe someone will be interested. Timbers embedded freely in cuts between the beams. It is the rough floor of attic. I applied this decision for two reasons. First because nothing is nailed down, you can always make up for the gaps. Last summer showed that such a possibility is always useful. Looking at a nice ceiling with clearances not nice. Second, it is purely personal. Reminiscent of the ceiling in the old village house. By the way, there was a similar technology, but wide and thick edged boards in the quarter, just lay on the beams. In the process of drying they were lined by wedges, driving them to the wall. Builders have stubbornly convinced that a double layer of plywood with a mesh plaster will flex and crack. As for OSB they are not so sure. Persistently urge for a plasterboard ceiling on railings. For me, so just a double work. Tell me please, I have a wooden house some part is from logs and another part from timbers. Now, I am thinking of ceilings. Is it possible to nail on the bottom rafters and a rough plank to the drywall? (the board 25 x 100, three pieces on a sheet of drywall) I do not want to lose a height for the ceiling frame.
Поделиться:

Вернуться в «Information and reviews of wooden houses»

Войти через социальную сеть

Быстрая регистрация и авторизация через социальную сеть ®

Вход

Имя пользователя: Пароль: