• Опубликована: 10 окт 2011, 15:06
  • Автор: expert
bill
Эксперт
Отзывов: 0
Бонусы: 0.00
Баллы репутации: 0
Личное сообщение
Тема: Re: Russian, Canadian, Norwegian log house.
So, everything with notch refers to the "Canadian" felling and exists with dowels and without them.
Those cups refer to the Russian cutting.
And a half-timber refers to the "Norwegian" cutting.
constructor
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
But why? Even in the Russian cutting, there is locks, and they are not worse. Did you only hear about the cutting of a half timber from Norway? And, we also have plenty of these homes, though our people a little more intelligent, because they built houses very rarely from the half timber, only when they were going to trim outside the house to ease trimming. And, they did so, just inside of the house in order the outside trees less cracked, because the protective layers were left behind. For example, to understand the difference, and most importantly, the advantage of semihalf timbers. Take a half timber of 12cm., and take the same timber from which it was made. The semihalf timber cracks less, but the half timber may break even with through holes, as with a round part, the cracks don’t even reach the heart of the beam, and the same beam cracks easily, especially, in the sun. This is a condition without any chemical.
buldozer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
I heard about the half timber and tried it 2004 when I took a carpenter's tool. If you are triming the outside, why do you use the log? I actually don’t understand because you can make a cheaper version of such design. I have never met the half timbers with cracks, and for the direction and a control of cracks there is a special technology. You can use a tar as a natural product. :lol:
expert
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Do you really think that 2004 is to far? I have no words! And did you see the timber of 150 that cracks through? The more difficult to sheathe the round logs, but it is not so critical, and no problems. Especially, if the timbers will be picked up correctly, it is no more difficult than the timber or the half timber.
As for the tar… Did you use it yourself to affim so? In addition, the tree cracks. And for the first time you will have a strong smell, while you will be get ccustomed
Anyway, it is better to do well, then you needn’t treat with something..in order to save the wood. This whole process is an extreme case.
Especially have you ever heard about the technology of burning the wood? It is much better then the tar or other shit.
constructor
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
The log doesn’t crack when you know the technology! But all of us want the cheap log cabins, and even yesterday! How you can in a short time to observe everything? And the price is not given, when you ask for a performance and a quality, and so you get bad job. "Haste is only needed when catching fleas!"
buldozer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Certainly, it was far, it was not yesterday. I saw cross-cutting holes between the crowns from hackworkers. Actually, I didn’t understand the meaning of trimming of round logs. Is this your practice? I think it's futile and an unnecessary exercise. I treared with a tar! And it is not shameful,as for a smell, it fades.
But the shit is called chemical preservatives.
How do you do the burning of wood as it is an open fire? or is it the burning of wood in the hot sand. Clean and fine sand is poured into a metal container and then heated to a temperature not greater than 200 ° C.
Judging by your statements on this point nowadays there is not such practice of processing by the preservatives.
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
I think to build a log cabin from a half timber. I’m going to get it by a sawmill, the thickness of 150-160mm and then to plane off from two sides. In Zhytomyr a winter temperature is about ± 5 degrees, and there are some days of -20 degrees....
I have a question to yuo: what is the diameter of decks I should take? We really can get a pine of 1 meter in a diameter (but it can also be bend like a plank in shrinkage? or a Norwegian notch?) and the 2nd problem is the weight of such half timbers!
I don’t want to mill.. I will just plane off.
Maybe there is somebody on the forum who did it?.
Thanks in advance!
expert
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
If you plan the thickness of a half timber of 150mm, then why do you cut the boadrs of 1 meter, there is a sufficient diameter of 240-250. It is easy to dissolve them in two edges. And if it is possible, dry the logs in the chambers, and then when they were dried, dissolve them in the sawmill. It’s better to dry a ready half timber, but under pressure.
Using the technology of cutting called "Norway" it is recommended to use a dry material. The dry half timber can crack even after the sawmill, it affects the internal stress fibers and curly gain of the trunk. But it is not for all. An arched half timber can be used in openings.
And on the 2nd problem – the weight of dried half log is 150mm and if a man is nehily, then he will lift it without problems.
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Thanks, I'll look in terms of the price and the diameter ... I still want to get a good board, but from the round logs, you will get a little ..... thinners in general, we can find a hungry wood from 70 (9 $ /cubic meter) and from a thick wood the wood output is more but the crowns are fewer.

And how do you dry round timbers? As we were taught the roun wood is not taken on the camera only there is a natural drying, but the cracks will be still there...., I think to dissolve and then stack till the spring... I am not weak, a growth of 201 and a weight of 100):-)
baltazar
Эксперт
Благодарил (а): 1 раз
Личное сообщение
I do personally trimming two times but I have never advised to do so, if you can leave the form of timbers! There are places where the architecture does not allow to do it, so, therefore, people trim those places. People are trimming because they are no money for processing of logs, in terms of grinding. And some people just do not like this kind of timbers. :P
expert
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
State Standard 20022.2-80
A comparative decay resistance of a natural wood of different species under natural conditions:

A resistance class. Species descending the natural resistance. The multiplicity of the natural resistance of wood compared to the resistance of a sapwood of lime.
I cite the example of a larch, so not to cause the entire table ...

1 A larch (a core) 9.1
2 A larch (a sapwood) 3.8

Almost three times worse your outer layers ("dense") resist the damaging factors.
I have never posted in this topic, but "a strong top layer of wood" chivvied me so much that I could not stand it and decided to post...
The "Canadian" cutting refers only to the things which have pre-clearance in the groove, which, as the drying of carcass disappears. Everything that hasn’t this gap, don't refer to the "Canadian" cutting. Cheeks (notches), spikes, etc. are not characteristic of the Canadian logging.
A half timber is a feature of the " Norwegian" cutting, which exposes more aggressive to the wood, the Norwegian climate (a Gulf Stream there), just not the "top layer of a solid wood," but a true to the damaging effects a strong core. People also felled in Norway from a round timber, but this technology did not get accustomed ...
The "Svedish Cope" or the "Scandinavian" is a groove of a characteristic profile touching the underlying timber only by the sharp edges, over the "hump" of the lower beam is a space in the groove, which is densely populated by the insulation.
In the Russian cutting the groove tight-fitting the underwear beam and wider. It is due to different principles of the fixation of logs from the strains in the wooden house in the Russian and the Scandinavian logging - in the Russian the timber is fixed by he groove (at the initial moment of the log installation, 75% of the weight falls on the groove - 25% for the cup) in the Scandinavian cutting everything is exactly the opposite – initially, 75% of the weight is concentrated on the plates and 25% in the groove. By the time the carcass is stabilized and the weight is evenly distributed, the Russian and the Scandinavian log cabin comes in different ways.
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Here, I cite from Wikipedia:
Just for example, not the middle of the tree is taken, but the edges as they are stronger than the core. But even just hammer a nail into cut down of a tree, as I quoted earlier, is much more difficult in the edge than in the middle. I will not argue, just very tired, let people decide themselves whom to believe. That photo clearly shows that decay faster in the wooden house. Even the dead wood can be seen from where it begins rotting.
constructor
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
To refer to Wikipedia, this is the same thing as you select, for example, drugs guided by the advice of Alan Chumak. :mrgreen:
We have, thanks God, a huge amount of scientific information generated by the Russian and the Soviet scientists, incidentally, who made a lot in the developing of the understanding of wood, its biolog and its mechanical, physical, chemical properties, an elasticity theory, a technology, a cutting and a processing, and so on. ..
I can give you the same pictures of the opposite content, but I'm too tired. Scientists have already statistically tested in all experimental stations and laboratories. It's not me ! That’s a State Standard says, and "it" is not involved in any blogs. It appeared long before the Internet ...
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Probably still in 18 th century? And our grandfathers were full ignoramus and used a semihalf timber, but not a half timber, as "clever Norwegians", or they were lazy and didn’t want to trim too much. Especially since there they could use not an ax, but a saw. So, tell me please, how much easier to cut down the log house from a haf timber?
constructor
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Pleasing to the eye a plenty of smiles, I love it!! when your opponent has a good mood – so, the discussion is a success ...
I hope for the help of experienced people on this forum regarding a guidance in my direction on the conducting discussions. Again, I decided to write here with the sole purpose to revive this topic, and, perhaps, give it a new interesting direction.
I will answer to you from the text of your comment.
Certain construction standards were always existed and will always updated with the development of a human knowledge.
I am a rather modern man and I don’t like discussions with grandparents (peace be upon them!), given as an argument. It is common method of a dispute in the Internet - on behalf of the opponent grandparents are announced unintelligent and then carefully saved. I'm tempted to ancestors very warm feeling, and I want to ease the task of moderators, so, the discussion with grandparents will be in another plane. With regard to the aforementioned technique - it had even a special name in the times of ancient Greeks. Everyone can search it in the dictionary for the letter D.
Our grandfathers were totally different people, as we are now. I avoid idealizing them. In all times were excellent examples and a disgusting work in all sectors. The great arbiter is the Time, brought to us the best examples, in particular, the wooden buildings. The bad thing sinked into oblivion.
But one thing is clear - our ancestors leaded a simple life, worked hard and a lot, respectively, the rationalism was that they made and built, played a significant role. Yes, they preferred not to spend the extra calories.
I must say, in light of this that a traditional architecture is due in most part to living conditions (a climate), the availability of certain materials and the least a certain worldview.
Our grandparents and the Norwegian were smart and rational people.
In our climate the preservation of log buildings from the round logs was enough for that level of quality that suited our ancestors. They were not lazy, just why to cut too much?
A semi-half timber? And that, whether all the wooden houses were built in Russia from a semi-half timber?
In Norway's climate "their" grandfathers had to develop another system of building log cabins for the next generation in order to satisfy their needs.
A widespread use of saws began "there" and "here" almost in the same time and due to the industrialization of society. Up to a point there was no "the Iron Curtain" and people can move quite freely around the world.
The half timber was cut with axes.
The amount of labor which is expended on a specific operation, due to the aim which the person is trying to achieve. Carved details of a log cabin, for example, is a very labor-intensive operation, but the ancestors saw in the house carving a very important point, otherwise they didn’t do this.

The Japanese tradition operates so complicated, even for the present day, carpentry connections that it's saying a lot ... For example, of its rationality and necessary... :P :P :P
buldozer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
First: Do not compare us and them.
Secondly, who said that a half timber was made by axes? Maybe the boards were made in the same way? If in Norway so, to say something about their superiority in this matter is too difficult.
We have a lot of houses built from such the Norwegian half timber". All living there are very "glad" to have this technology and quickly want to get another dwelling, or at least to sheathe them, so, a blanket when you were sleeping was not blown away, because the half timber of 200 cracks, as timbers of 150. And if you believe that the core of the tree is denser then a sap why did the milled log is much easier than the same size of a timber, but usual. Yes, it cracks through very good, especially at 18-20cm. And the half timber they became doing because they couldn't make their notch from a semi-half timber or from the round beams. And they wanted to have something new, so we have to praise "our swamp!". Many people believe that if the product is from abroad, so, it is much better!. Just do not always like that! The pros of the half timber that the walls does not accumulate a dust as a round wood, and the trimming is easier when needed. There are no more more pluses! And there is no sense to cite the state standards. We all know a stew, and a sausage, and other manufactured products according to State Standard, but we are doing ourselves a lot better without those Standards. Especially, why should revive the theme it is on the top?. If the topic is relevant, it is living well without a resuscitation.
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Do you make a helve from a softwood? :shock:
baltazar
Эксперт
Благодарил (а): 1 раз
Личное сообщение
Then, we are going to you!!:-)
Why am I saying this?. For example, a helve from of a birch is suitable for other uses - such as the material for a log home, or a wooden roof (shingles, share...).
You do not want to see that the mechanical strength, a biological stability, a durability... Different things, and are not always related.
And the half timber, boards were originally made by axes.
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
By the way shingles are made of a pine, and the middle part is not taken at all. And the helve can also be done, but they craks quickly, then all the strokes are felt in the hand, and with a birch it is rarer. Of course, if it was in the Stone Age! How many boards can you make out from logs with an ax?
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
We didn’t speak about the core, we talked about the heart of a softwood and a sapwood.
Though often a sawood is much denser then a core, its biological stability is much lower than that of the nucleus.
A happy exception in this sense is a pine, which these rates are similar. So, if you plan to build a log house, but not a helve, it is preferable for this purpose to use the wood core.
Поделиться:

Вернуться в «Timber houses from Russia information and feedback»

Войти через социальную сеть

Быстрая регистрация и авторизация через социальную сеть ®

Вход

Имя пользователя: Пароль: