• Опубликована: 10 окт 2011, 15:06
  • Автор: expert
bill
Эксперт
Отзывов: 0
Бонусы: 0.00
Баллы репутации: 0
Личное сообщение
Тема: Re: Russian, Canadian, Norwegian log house.
I'm going to say about the Canadian cabin. Since last summer, a log house has been under the roof, and during construction, I deliberately chose the Canadian lock. Now, I do not regret.
Really, a cutting edge of the upper beam fits for a tight the lower timber and it’s not possible to stick something between them, there is no clearance. And that means there wouldn’t been strong draught. The house will keep warm.
constructor
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
The Canadian felling is good by its corner intersect. It turns out the warmest corner in the house. In a few pictures on the forum I’ve seen such cabin, but always it was an advertisement. But The Peter's house in St. Petersburg is very different from that one in Kolomna. :lol:
buldozer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
A price is a determining factor! I was interested in topic at the request of my customer (although the Norwegian felling) - the price was 3 times bigger than our classical framework. :!:
constructor
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
In the past churchs were not heated. At least in the middle lane. The heat was due to a respiratory.
I can’t post photos, but I want to say that in the Vologda region many large and wealthy houses trimmed with plaque. Not only for the beauty but also for the heat. Not rich people saved the heat due to a small space and a tiny little window above the snowdrifts. This year they have snow drafts of 1.5m.
:roll:
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
The Canadian cutting - it is also the “saddlenotch” cutting is better than a traditional Russian logging as I think reading books and the Internet.
I’m Russian with the Finnish roots, so I have nothing against the Russian logging, but structurally I think that the Canadian one is more practical and I want to order it for my house!. :D :D
expert
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Of course, the title does not reflect the ethnicity of a particular type of logging. So, it’s just a history. Many people even believe that all kinds of logging are from the Arkhangelsk province.
And as for the Canadian felling or the saddlenotch felling, then it is certainly better only if there is the appropriate quality of performance. If the quality is poor, mediocre, than the Russian cutting will be better. it is easier to remove shoals.
8-)
But I think better one than "the Russian cup," but with the heat doesn’t exist! The Canadian and The Finnish are bullshit. The Norway is still deserving an attention for its clever locking, but you can cut down from a mast with the Russian one. But the Norwegian bowl is chopped from logs of approximately 6m. And the Russian one at least for the entire length of the trunk.

Even the frame 10 * 10 without additional walls and pins are not tuked away. Therefore all other types of logging include pins. :geek:
expert
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
You may ask why did our elders dowel houses. First, the dowel is another technology, it is better than a wooden pin. You can understand the essential difference be leaving a log house on the rain with no roof. Through holes for wooden pins, a water will pass further into the groove and the next timber, and the longer rain, the greater upper ranks of the frame will be wet. And with doweled logs this will not have been happen. A water will easily flow down the walls without getting into the groove. And our grandparents doweled logs in order to not knocking a location of previous beam, because there is always a gap. And they doweled only if a frame was cut directly on a foundation. When the carcass was transported, they did not do it. Since the logs give a deformation, especially if they are liying for a long time on the flatness. And if they are not doweled, the grooves will not find their place, and the house will not be of the quality. :arrow:
constructor
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
It sounds good. “Russian, Canadian and Norwegian cutting.
In our country since ancient times prevailed wooden houses, gathered around the perimeter of log rows. A construction was originally from the logs. Huts, chapels and churches, merchant’s constructions, the city walls and towers, were made of logs. A Well-tested images of building log cabins were notable (for) simplicity. It's a pity that the famous wooden houses made of milled logs are ten times worse than fully chopped carcass by strength, heat capacity, durability and environmental friendliness.
The felling "in the future" ("with residue") - is one of three main options for the corner junction of logs in a wooden house. The main profit of this method over the others that the corner junctions are warmer. They are fully protected from the wheather by protruding logs, and log homes are much stronger and more stable.
A hand-cutting of logs may be done by “residue up” and “residue down”. In Russia, the well-known is a round log. Since ancient times when building a wooden house "with residue", the groove is made on the beam lying on top, of the same circle of underlying timber.
In a height the cup is made of half-logs. This is a curve residue. In Scandinavia, the log houses are built of half-logs- trimed from 2 sites log of oval section. The Norwegian cup is cut like a saddle: the log is selected by the upper or lower hand.
The Norwegian manual cutting system with a system of triming, the wall of logs is noticeably better fixed in the cup during a shrinkage of wood. The Canadian logging is similar to the Norwegian cutting technology, but it applies to the whole profiled logs.
The hewing is made on an inclined surface by only one hand on top.
Wrench can considerably help to seal joints. The Canadian log system has a distinctive face, and a safe and warm junctions, rather than a standard curve.
;) ;)
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
The Museum of the Swedish province of Dalarna using a dendrochronology – a counting of annual growth rings on a tree trunks – established the age of the oldest residential building in the country. Researchers concluded that a wooden house in the town of Moore (Mora) was built in 1237.
:shock:
buldozer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
I think the manual felling (the Russian frame) allows to save the outer rings of a tree, which provides the essential protection from decay, cold, moisture, etc. And if you use modern means of presepvation, so, the house can serve you faithfully for many years and decades. :geek:
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
The only tool that was used by peasants was an ax. They didn’t only cut down the trees, but performed very intricate fine carvings. On saying that a farmer with an ax could even repair a watch.
The Russian wooden architecture.
baltazar
Эксперт
Благодарил (а): 1 раз
Личное сообщение
Buldozer, you’re welcome!
Two years ago I was in Stockholm in the "open-air’ museum. There happened to me seeing such houses. Each of them has its own aura. We talked about one house with a local museum worker, he told me how those houses were transported to the capital and recreated all the decorations. Super, of cours! Only 900 years, and we have the Kremlin, which was rebuilt the umpteenth time. Nothing hasn’t been preserved. In my opinion, from the ancient time only something under 250 years left, as the example above ... :mrgreen:
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
The architectural ensemble of Spasky Kizhsky churchyard. The 17th century.
Initially, the museum originated in a small almost deserted island of Kizhi on Onega Lake.
And once there was a large settlement called in cadastres of Novgorod “Spasky Kizhsky churchyard". :!:

The church of the Ascension, 1669.
The village of Kushereka in Onega region. At the White Sea a type of cube temple was widespread. A cube is called a complex shape of cover resembling a tetrahedral onion. A distinctive feature of the northern cubic churches is their beauty, grace, and harmony.
buldozer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
I like the log house very much. I live with my family in a countryside in a log wooden house. Beauty! I generally like the wooden houses more than, for example, from brick. I ordered the construction according to individual project in a building company. Oh, they are tired of me. The project was complex, respectively, and a construction. It was not just lay down a hut log. But it turned out great. The company is called "Success". If someone will need a contact, call me!
expert
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
The heat of corner doesn’t mean! In my opinion it’s worse than a usual groove because the usal groove can be calking. And here just at the edge, because if you push further there will be a profile. And that most likely write that a calking is not required. But it is not true. It is still required, because it’s not possible to build without holes. Carpenters didn’t urge each log separately. And if they did it, so the price will be 10 times higher. :roll:
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Yes, it’s a pure advertisement! Pretentious statements like we are cool and you will not need a calking, and all the others are fools!:-)) A timber, if it is not discharged of a top kerf, the crack will be held in a groove, it will be revealed .. How much? .. –Idon’t really know but for this case should be provided a greate depth of cups .. otherwise a pairing along the length of logs will not be ideal.. Mouldings may take place and I don’t talk about hand-cutting.. How do these subtleties take into account ...? and your life will be like in a Muscovite car. But this selected technology will give you comfort.
:twisted:
baltazar
Эксперт
Благодарил (а): 1 раз
Личное сообщение
And a depth, and a kerf should be naturally included.
Despite all these steps you can’t predict the development of cracks. But don’t dramatize!.
The worst thing as you said a life as in a "Muscovite" car in fact turns out into a classic Russian log cabin. You can do calking if you want. It’s not so terrible that you have discribed.
constructor
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Well, well! :o As constant dropping wears away the stone, so the air can penetrate a wooden house, all the more without caulking. And if you have ever seen how actually the frame dries, but not from the articles, you would understand that whatever been the groove or the angle, the house needs calking. Or don’t you think that old people are stupid! That’s nonsense? They could, if it was true! Even without modern tools, with a simple chisel and an ax they made such things that we admired these days!.
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
My father was from a village of Kemerovo region. He didn’t hear about these things, and certainly have never seen. And the reason is simple, my father's family was not rich. And they couldn’t allow themselfs only because of ignorance and a lack of resources of time and help.
expert
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
I made on January a thermal survey of 16 log cabins from very different kinds of wood, of a very different design and, in general, they were very different. That's just with their "difference" makes them one thing one terrible quality. I just report the facts without any comment. 15 houses of 16 need an urgent warming. The defect is so egregious that no calking will save. I really like wooden houses, but in modern wooden houses it is not possible to live. Who is interested in that fact, I can show the thermograms of defects. You will be horrified. :!:
Поделиться:

Вернуться в «Timber houses from Russia information and feedback»

Войти через социальную сеть

Быстрая регистрация и авторизация через социальную сеть ®

Вход

Имя пользователя: Пароль: