• Автор: expert
baltazar
Эксперт
Отзывов: 0
Бонусы: 0.00
Благодарил (а): 1 раз
Баллы репутации: 0
Личное сообщение
Тема: Re: Russian, Canadian, Norwegian log house.
Not for the sake of provocation, but for the information. Could you explain why do you feel that the half timber is much warmer than the logs of a large diameter? I was thinking of building a house from the half timbers, so, this information interests me so much.
constructor
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
I think if you build from the half timber, it will be not less than 25 cm. To be honest I don’t like the Norwegian manufacturing standards, because the form almost as from a bar, only with the slot and larger. And, so, I think it is better to build from logs, and then to trim the inner walls! Just not to the slot. More concisely, the outside walls will be from the semi-half timber, the inner walls from the half timbers, and from the street there will be the usual form of a round wood.
-
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
What kind of a notch do you advise to use? The Norwegian notch, as I understand it, is more suitable for the half timbers, the Russian notch - for the round logs. And what about the semi-half timbers and the half round logs? :?:
expert
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
The Norwegian castle is universal, it is readily suited to the half timber, as well as the round logs and to the combination
of semi-half timbers and a solid mass.
constructor
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Some one likes the Norwegian notch of the cutting of the round wood, but I personally do not like it. I love better the Russian bowl. With this bowl you can cut of the semihalf timbers and from the street you will not even understand, that the inner angle will be direct and not oblique. And with the Norwegian you should think about it.
baltazar
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Yes, it's a garbage, usually you must cut in a Russian way and to lay the red moss, and most importantly to caulk then well and there will be no problems, but if you cut from the timbers, then the angles should be "butt-and-pass" or a "dovetail". And be sure to immediately caulk them in the corners. (my advice).
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Another (fellow-)countryman! And do you know how to cut the Canadian or Norwegian notch? The Russian notch is good, if you are not aware of other species and technologies. Those species are also many advantages, but in each case - their own.
buldozer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
The half timber is warmer than a wood because let's say the log of 20 cm diameter and the groove is about 10 cm. So, the house will be chilled. These grooves on the wall will be 16 pieces. so, there will be a less heat loss.
The half timber of 20 cm is made of logs of 30 cm in height, respectively, it will be more than 10 cm, respectively, in the wall there will be less logs (9 or 10 pieces) and less grooves (thermal). As a result, fewer heat losses.

The groove in the half timber would be more then 10cm. And accordingly it will be not chilled. Next, the correct half timber is done with the sharp edge of the groove, which bites into the underlying timber for 0.5-2 cm. The padding is not visible and doesn’t wet. Further, there are no cracks on the half timber and, most importantly that there is a water that flows through the wall, and the logs that are directed upward, are full of water and timbers begin rotting and freezing. The fact is.

I have nothing against the Russian cutting, it is simple and that is its charm. The Russian notch has its fans. The Norwegian notch has also its fans, they like the look, details, the ends of some form, the dark color of walls and a quality. And there is no sense to argue. It's like blondes and brunettes. Just what is important to me is not important for others and vice versa.

I think that it doesn't care what is the technology of a log house but it is important the material that you use. Isn’t it?

- Here, I completely agree with you! And I believe some considerations about the half timber, too, but:
1. Maybe there will not be some through cracks of the half timber of 20, but of 16 I know 100% there are.
2. The half timber more twists, especially if you build carelessly.
So, the half timber has also a lot of difficulties. More then cracks on the wall are formed the same as exactly from the round timbers, that’s why the water gets there. Also, the top protective layers are removed, respectively, this is a minus, especially from the street. That’s why the Russians didn’t build from the half timber, but only they used the half timber inside the house.
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
I do not know about the protective layers, but if you look at the log that wasn’t treated by the antiseptic, than the "protective layer" begins roting, but the heart of the timbers rests as new. Believe me, the houses from the half timber are standing at least 130 years and more. Well, the timber will not stand no longer than the half timber. Equally. The whole point is an impregnation and a care. I'll protect it with a wax.
As for the twisting.. the same beam turns more but on the half timber it is not noticeable. And nagels will not help you.

Where did the half timber come from?. I believe that those who worked with a wood are in any way creative people, they are sick and tired of round walls. The half timber was made with an ax and only chips left. You can develop this idea. And they saved boards and the half timber was user-friendly. But then it turned out that the half timber is warmer and Norwagians took this technology from Russia and developed it to perfection. :roll:
buldozer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Oh, my dear, please tell us the advantages of the foreign notches! Or until these “Vikings” sailed the seas, our people didn’t learn to build houses… I like our notch. Have you ever seen how the flitches and boards were made in the villages? ... Though, I personally have not seen, but my father illumined me.
The log is on a high sawhorse and two men are sawing with a twohanded saw (one man is above and another man is below), They make a necessary material. And the side half-beams go for floors, ceilings and a sheathing. Although a lot of thimgs depend on a lifestyle in a particular area.
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
I have not seen, but I studied the instrument. There are some saws, but you know with thet axes for boards (left-handed or right-handed) it is faster and I haven’t even seen bumps in the finishing. And there is no sense in it. Vikings also chop the half timber on wedges.
Here is probably the way of life. Just the same Norwegians don’t like the Russian cutting, and not only they. And we have the opposite. The problem is the efficiency as they say. Canadian and Norwegian notches really need a knowledge, a persuasion and an effort, although this is controversial, but for some people it’s easier to hack the Norwegian notch than the Russian one, depending on the approach. In the Russian notch everything is easier and faster, nobody thinks about the fact of a wood durability. The cracks can be closed. And Norwegians are laughing about it. Why you should caulking when you can build immediately without gaps?. The time is finally the same. So, they don’t understand Russians.
buldozer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Well, at first, the antiseptics appeared not so long ago. A properly constructed house doesn’t require chemicals!
Secondly, the wood in the wooden house, as well as on the stump, rots from the core.
With regard to a service time of a round wood and a half timbert, then it is certainly true, but if the structure was correct. But if you do the half timber of 16, then it will be much worse than the timbers of 20 from the top.
About how they made the half timber was been already written.
And Norwegians took the technology to get out of the timber 100%, rather than throwing the inner part, which was being trimmed. Do you know on their technology how to get the right half timber from logs? You would not say that out of a round woof of a such diameter it will be colder?. It will be warmer from the round wood, due to the fact that the wall is thicker, just for a floor and a ceiling you will have to take another wood, while the Norwegians will have boards from the half timber. That's the whole sense of technology!
And as for me, I have not studied, but I saw and worked with these tools.

And with our cutting you can build without caulking, if you have a head)). And many people wanted the home yesterday, and that's why they ride a horse hard. But do you know how many time do you need to build a normal home of the Canadian or the Norwegian technology? If you choose the Russian variant, it will be also the same!. I have a house that is 50, but it hasn’t even caulked and does not require it.
Yes, and I am a patriot! But their technology have advantages, but still, if you treat our log cabins with the same thoroughness as they do, the houses will not be worse. Well, as for the telling about the technology, it's not for me, look it up the Internet and read. It took to me about a year to fully understand the technology. So, good luck!
baltazar
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
It seems I’ve read it all! For myself, I did the following conclusion. To cut from a dried wood and by the Russian way. This idea was expressed on page 29. That the Russian cutting from the dry wood is not worse than all foreign. The less work, the same result. With a less effort, respectively. My private opinion. you can correct me. Yours faithfully. P.S. A little distracted. The hewing in Russia have started since the introduction of iron axes. Accordingly, we are (along with Scandinavians), the oldest country in this regard. But the Scandinavians have a lot of stone (a cheap building material) as opposed to us. So, I want to suggest that our ancestors in the course centuries tried to select the appropriate ways of cutting for our conditions (the optimum combination of factors such as: a technological, a labor, a safety, a comfort, and a durability). And our carpenters and builders are always on their mind the experience of foreigners, appropriated for our conditions at all times. And if the Scandinavian felling methods didn’t get accustomed (and about which we have certainly known for two centures) so, there were, most likely, quite strong and objective reasons. That’s all.
constructor
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Well, I’n nor a good theorist, because I do not cite the figures as an example, because I do not know, but I can work with an ax with both hands. right-and left. Yes, the half timber of 20 and the round timber of 30, what kind of house will be warmer?
They needed to get the enough width of a groove, because through the groove there is a great loss of heat, as it is not as wide as the wall itself. Accordingly, if the house is chopped out of the woods with a diameter 40, there is a lack of the interior space. That’s why the Norwegians began to use the half timbers, and the boards were not redundant. And in the manufacture of timber on the mast 40, there will be boards and not just one.
They didn’t get accustomed at least to one of the reasons. According to their technology the wood of 6 m is used. But our builders just wrap one stick of a length 15m .. In addition, when the walls are cut from the whole logs, then the dowels (pins) are not needed, especially if the structure is not higher than 6m. And for their log cabins it is a mandatory factor. And if this work is not needed, then a period of the assembly of the house accelerated. And as I said above, the boards and the area will not be superfluous, and you can be distinguished by inventing a technology. And if I invented it, then I will say that it is a super and the best technology. This is the same when the miled logs were invented!
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
What to say, if we even have no standards for a fresh carcass, and they are still being added. What do you think about Norwegians? I can’t understand. Now, the world is up to date. Take contact to Norwegians on the Internet. Ask a question to historians or carpenters. Why do they use a half timber? For the boards?
buldozer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
You did not say that this was the first reason, but you can also say a bonus! They use the half timbers in order to save the space, besides the wall would better dry, as opposed to a round wood. And of course, everybody doesn’t like the look of a round log. Also, on the walls there will be less dust, as opposed to the round logs. As for the laugh, there will not laugh, even talking about these reasons, as they are the same for everyone. Besides, have you seen their notch in performance on the round timbers? I like their notch, but when I saw it on a round wood, I didn’t like how it loked. :roll:
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Maybe I don't understand someting, BUT! If you take just Norway. The country is not rich in wood. And as I think, it was quite logical to use by Norwegians the half timbers for the additional dimension of building materials for their needs. Especially, since the selected forest was used likely to the shipbuilding needs, and that was worth was used on a housebuilding. That's why they worked as they could. And there is one more important factor for Norway. In view of the mountainous terrain, the transportation of logs was a time-consuming occupation and naturally the desire to squeeze out a maximum from a smaller cubic capacity. Maybe, I am wrong... This is just my logical reasoning that as a version has a right to exist.
buldozer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Sure, you are right! Many people think that just it came from abroad, then it is better, but do not think for whom and for what it is better. And most importantly they forget that they do not rush the wood on the right and to the left. They get a 100% profit, and most importantly without any sawdust aside. We have many timbers, etc. still fall down, but the Norwegians even uproot the stumps and even use the sawdust. We have a firewood lying around, but we use their sawdust chips in the construction, and even their “Euro” wood. And it is easier to pull the half timbers than the round logs, because it will be on a plane and will not twist.
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
But why do you think that the half timber was invented in Norway?. They build houses from it and they know how to use it. That's all. Everything goes from Russia. Simply, they basically came to the house-building by other way. And the half timber ia an ARCHITECTURAL material. It was better, a dark color of the houses heated by the sun therefore it was warmer, but some people like round and white. There is no sense to compare. There are just different technologies. :arrow:
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
And for the round logs there is a Canadian cabin, only it operates on the logs of 30 in a diameter. In general it is important to understand that any cutting is a principle.
1. The Russian cup – is a fast and a cheap way. It’s Ok. Only a saddle accommodates a shrinkage but no one does it.
2. The Canadian notch is not a cheap way, a large diameter means a crane, especially builders leave gaps on the grooves that are closed by shrinkage. The principle of the wedge in the notch.
3. The Norwegian notch is not a cheap way. There you needn’t to use the crane, the notch is on the wedges and the grooves are sharp. Heavy earth roofs, gables.
Everything is simple. Three are thee principles. They are different. You can endlessly argue. Choose what you like most.
Поделиться:

Вернуться в «Timber houses from Russia information and feedback»

Войти через социальную сеть

Быстрая регистрация и авторизация через социальную сеть ®

Вход

Имя пользователя: Пароль: