• Автор: expert
baltazar
Эксперт
Отзывов: 0
Бонусы: 0.00
Благодарил (а): 1 раз
Баллы репутации: 0
Личное сообщение
Тема: Re: Russian, Canadian, Norwegian log house.
You are strongly mistaken as to for the shift (self-locking), and that it is only necessary to cut from the dry logs! And from a raw wood it works fine, just you need bigger gaps, and the log house has to stand without a roof at least several warm months.
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
It can be seen that a clarification is necessary.
So, if I didn’t confuse, a Canadian angle in the context has a trapezoid form (the lower beam), organized in a longitudinal direction (on logs), its shrinkage is 10%. The trapeze cis ut in the transverse direction (a shrinkage of 0.01%). Assume that the width of the top shelf is 10cm. i.e. after a shrinkage stays a gap of 9 cm, respectively, 0.5 cm. To cover it, the top log must shrinl of 2.5 cm and it is for a perfect fit. The log, in its turn, will shrink to a half of its shrinkage, the diameter of 26-1.3 cm respectively. We have the gaps of 2.5-3.0 mm. In principle, you can live, but what to do with the slits. Again, a wedge, again a moss.
By the way the moss will not help you. The life certainly make you caulking and for 10cm in depth, but who will do it?
As an argument in defense of the techniques I would like to see the frame at least 3 years of age.
buldozer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
It is evident that your specification is no more than your own views and there is no understanding of the behavior of the tree, and a physics in general sense.
As I see you are looking at the log house from another side looking at the log cabin? The cup during the shrinkage will not change, only the diameter of the lower beam will change, respectively, "the cup" will settle for a place firmly. Of course, everything will be in a "chocolate" when the notches are cut down right, and correctly with a right angle, and the gaps are left behind.
baltazar
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
It’s very interesting. Why the shrinkage is 10%? - Because you have declared it in your previous post?
And why is on a shelf of 10 and for the diameter of 5?
The coefficients of shrinkage for different species.
buldozer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
I took these figures from the practice. The last 35 years I work at a construction site.
5 of them (having thrown the engineering work) I chopped the log houses. About 26 cm - I took the most benign option.
constructor
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Application of Underscribe and Overscribe, takes into account the change in radius shrinkage. Each crown halts at a certain height on the table in terms of diameter. At the lower crowns gap is greater with increasing log gap decreases.
buldozer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
The cutting of walls "in the cup" – is one of the most ancient form of cutting houses.
So, There was such way of cutting that used the carpenters at the end of the last century. This type of cutting is practical. Because the builders leave the issues of logs at the corners of a log house, the house is warm even during the harshest northern frosts. So, at a distance from the ends there are the cups stacked on the logs, laid the last. They are a halfway above the first two...
The bowl is made that the bottom line coincides with the upper edge of the bottom log. For convenience, some carpenters at first make a gash along the axis of the wall, ie, the center of the bowl, marked on the depth, and then slash it. On the crowns above are barked and seasoned logs from a pine (a dense, fine-ply wood, very tough), grown on sandy soils in the north Arkhangelsk region, the natives of the northern regions believed so. From this it follows that the frame in the cup is more practical and durable, the Russian log houses, churches and other structures have stand for 3-5 centuries.
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Tell me where can I watch or read about the choice of the diameter of logs for the log home?.
expert
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
As the topic is widely read, it would be probably appropriate to say a few words about the advantages and the disadvantages of different types of wood. :D
We often hear the question: "what kind of a tree should I use for building a house or a bath?"
The idea of how it should be done right, is reflected in the ancient "house" teachings - "Domostroy" and "Naziratel".
Particularly, "Naziratel" (XVIth century, dates to the Latin origins of the work of Peter Krestsentsiya) in the chapter "The Tree". You can read as follows:
The tree to build the house should be cut down on November or on December, better to the waning moon, because at this time the wood produces a tar and all sorts of an extra juice, especially because of the chilled air, which expels from the tree a characteristic heath to the root, and even deep into the earth, as for the new moon, it multiplies the moisture, and diminishes it during the waning moon.
expert
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
The trees needed for the house should be holded upright a little longer, until the juice from them drains down (and you can know if there are any wormy trees among them). From the trees suitable for the home there is a fir, because it is light and strong, and dry. Palladium teaches that the violet willow, like a larch, is very good at house building, especially for the roofs, the wood will not burn soon and will not make the heat, the oak is very strong, especially in the butt, a chestnut tree is also solid as dry or wet, suitable for walls and a roofing, and for the interior walls, a dry beech is also sturdy, but it rots in the damp, a poplar, a sycamore, a linden and a willow are suitable for carving, for the mansion an alder doesn’t fit, although the base is very strong, a fresh ash and an elm are very flexible, although they are firm and strong in a dryness; a cypress is suitable for everything, a pine and a pear are strong in a drynes too, and a cedar wood is always firm.

Mainly, for the building of the log houses the carpenters use: a pine, a spruce, a larch and a cedar.
From a hardwood sometimes are used a aspen, a willow and an oak.
The wod is a traditional building material of the
Russian architecture. For the construction of wooden houses or saunas you may use various types of wood, it is only important that it is qualitative.
However, there are specific reasons that the frame house in the old days, was cut out of a pine, a fir or a cedar, at least – a larch
and the bath, for example, was cut from an aspen or a lime.

Different species of wood used for various purposes:

* The oak goes on piles, windows and doors;
* Te fir goes on sleepers, beams, rafters and flooring, ceilings and roofs;
* The pine goes on a felling of stands;
* The larch goes for the lower rims of a log house (lit doesn’t rot for a long time and burns hard);
* The alder and the elm are for chimneys, stayed in a water;
* The linden and the maple are for a carving and a woodwork.

Folded in the foot with an air, the logs were dried for 1 - 2 years, smoked over a campfire, and their butts fired or resined.

The quality of wood is determined by watering on the trunk a hemp or a flax oil. If the log drank it quickly and a lot, then it was considered ready for crafts. It also confirmed by the pure ringing sound when strucking an ax on the timber.

I will not describe in detail the properties of each of these species. Each of them has its advantages and disadvantages, and depending on the purpose of building or other property of a particular breed can act as an advantage and a disadvantage ...

For the log home building previously adopted the following standards:
A diameter of logs should allow to obtain the necessary climatic conditions of the longitudinal width (girth) of grooves for the estimated ambient temperature:
* At -20 ° C at least 10-12 cm
* At -30 ° C at least 12-13 cm
* At -40 ° C at least 14-16 cm

In Russia, the log houses were traditionally built of a pine.
If we take a "heat protection" of the walls of a log or a beam of a pine as 100%, and the same walls of a spruce or a cedar will be approximately 10% "warmer" than from the pine, and from the larch is 25-30% "colder" than from the pine.

The structure of the cells of a sap wood of pine in the process of drying stays "open", closes only the structure of the heartwood, while the structure of the cells of the spruce is identical and "closes" during the drying process.

Because of differences in the cellular structure, the spruce absorps a moisture less than the pine, so the volume vibration caused by the moisture of the spruce is insignificant. For this reason, the spruce is often used for the floor beams, manufacturing a ledger.
The open structure of the pine cells gives it a high value of a breathability and a moisture permeability, especially with regard to the sapwood. When the excess pressure of 0.1 MPa (from one side of the sample), the value of the air permeability in the radial direction for the sap wood is 56.2 cu. mm / sq. cm / s and for the heart is 2.6 cu. mm / cm / sec. For comparison, the value of air permeability of oak trees at the same pressure is 0.13 cu. mm / sq. cm / sec.

At the same time, a biological stability of the pine sapwood is higher than that of the spruce and even the larch. 8-)
buldozer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
The Finnish company has delivered to President of Russia, Dmitry Medvedev, a timbered villa worth of 4 million euros. The Villa from the real Finnish timbers will be installed on the Kola Peninsula, near the river Umba. Furthermore, a more precise location is not disclosed. To get to the villa you can only by the helicopter. The villa is called "The Bear" (in Finnish “Otso”), writes fontanka.fi with a reference to Finnish press.
It is specified that the buyer and the owner of the villa is the Russian Federation, and the company "Phosagro” ordered and financed the purchase - the largest fertilizer producer. The customer wanted to apply exactly the Finnish technology and a know-how.
The area of the villa is 540 sq. km. m. There are, particularly, a cinema room, the yoga classes, and a sauna. Separately, will be built a sauna and a swimming pool area of 120 square meters, three VIP-rooms of 100 sq. km. m, the room for a maid of 360 sq. km. m and a marina for boats. Built-in furniture is Italian.
The object was handed to the owner on September 8. The Russian president was told about the supply of the house by the newspaper “Kauppalehti".
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
I am interested in a more pragmatic question, I am offered to cut the log house of halving, tell me please, is it a good way for homes, as I read that that way of cutting was used only for the households. o tempora! o mores!. Let’s discuss it. Please, help me to understand it, thank you in advance.
constructor
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Tha halving differs from the fact that the ends of the logs do not protrude above the corners of the log frame. Therefore, they are less protected from a wind and a rain. Besides, a thermal conductivity of wood along the grain is 2.5 times higher than across, it means that the corners will freeze stronger. (You have rightly noted that this way of cutting was applied in the household LOGGING.)
Technologically, the halving is more complex and a time-consuming compared to the felling of the cup, and it requires a skilled approach.
Sometimes, it is deliberately used when the people are pre-planning to sheathe a house.
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
We have also considered that the halving is easier! But I do not advise it, because the house will be colder due to freezing of the angle, as the angle is smaller. The house is just more freezes in the corners, but not on the wall! And if the inside space of the house is not completely sheathed or trimmed, then the inner corner will not look pretty and then many people regret the fact that they didn’t order an other type of cutting. And if someone does not like sticking "tails" out on the street, then the people order as we call this type, something between 'the halving and the cup", the halving is from the street and the cuo is inside the house. So, choose for yourself what closer for you. I'm sorry, of course, but I can’t pass when somone writes an obviously stupid thing. The halving is the easiest and the simplest way of cutting. The carpanters are studied on this technology.
baltazar
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
And what is the difficulty? If you a head and hands, than there is no complexity at all!. As buldozer says, the carpanters are studied on this technology of cutting. My first lof house was also halving. The cutting of a bowl is much more complicated! Even the tail (the tooth) is no problem.
P.S. He is not a windbag! He said that it was possible to dock three walls in one corner, and he made it by revealing a photo. But other people didn’t guess to do it.
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Welcome!!
I have just returned from the "fields". I see that the colleagues don’t sleep and are still discussing.
So, in my humble opinion, only the technology a little more complicated because of the use of a raw wood. I hold the opinion that it was originally used for dry wood.
Specifically, I'm embarrassed the fact that the thickness of the log decreases in corners. The use of the technology is justified by its aesthetic. As for me, I don’t see any advantages in comparison with the cutting in “oblo". I do not quite understand the opponents of a 'pure' corner. In my opinion everything is fine with it, if the house is trimmed from the outside. And about the shrinking of the log (this is about 10%) you can consider it from the tables, only the result is somewhere “near”.
buldozer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
A double-scribe lateral groove is a longitudinal groove of double tracing. It was somewhere at the beginning of this topic. An abstruse name is used for the registration of a patent. In everyday life, Americans, as I understand it, use a simple term: V-shaped groove. What does it mean? We are trying to produce it like a "triangular" notch? :D
expert
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Well as you said, it is a double-scribe lateral groove. But everyting is a garbage, only a minus for a tree, as a moisture will accumulate in a hollow and will rot faster, respectively. Just Americans want to show off, as everything clever was invented before them. Will you ask where the moisture from?! From there, as in every log cabin. Especially, such an option, and it’s hard to caulk the gap.
constructor
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
W - groove. This is a hollofayber. The hollofayber has hollow fibers (hence the name a "hollow fiber" = "полое волокно").
Due to the hollow fibers the hollofayber provides better insulation and less compressed.
Almost all the carpenters in the west use it now.
buldozer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Indeed, I have not seen any information about caulking in America. I met only a hollofayber and chinking. On the photo – a log with a threaded rod.jpg the cailking apparently is replaced by the rubber cord along the groove.
It seems more like a W-groove, but the author's photo is called "V cut in log".
What kind of the iron piece is sticking out in the log on the photo “log with threaded rod.jpg”? Is it a metal peg?
Поделиться:

Вернуться в «Timber houses from Russia information and feedback»

Войти через социальную сеть

Быстрая регистрация и авторизация через социальную сеть ®

Вход

Имя пользователя: Пароль: