• Опубликована: 10 окт 2011, 15:06
  • Автор: expert
Summer
Эксперт
Отзывов: 0
Бонусы: 0.00
Баллы репутации: 0
Личное сообщение
Тема: Re: Russian, Canadian, Norwegian log house.
We set a log house on December, and the roof was set just after a New Year. It was a winter of severe frost last year.. Now, in the sun it dries in our eyes. Periodically, once a week, we wind bolts..
expert
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
A cute little house. The main shrinkage should be end for the fall. The shrinkage, perhaps by 5 percent.
Posts will be needed to adjust, of course.
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
I have a new house. We haven’t measured
it yet. Workers who now are making a waterproofing and rough floors, sometimes screw bolts.
And, now, how can we check how much is a shrinkage?
and how to correct posts? :|
expert
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
If there were no measurements –you can evaluate the shrinkage by screw pillars. how much did they omit.
Make marks or tags, or from beams to a checkpoint, several in different parts of the framework. Write down the height and control.
By the post - release the bottom of screw fastening from the support to the base - set the post vertically, then tighten again. Especially because your column base is correct, no problems with the bearing.
Summer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Soooo, as I remember ... we cut on February 2008, assembled at the site on August. That is, two years ago. The floor (2.5 m) from the building has a shrinkage of about 5-7 cm (we installed a vertical decorative board covering the crack, so we had to saw off too much ... hm), but the most intensive drying was before us, from the seller.
expert
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
It turns out that your shrinkage is up to 2-3%? :lol:
constructor
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
The Canadian logging this is using in the manufacture of home not a mast, but the round logs, connected by the Norwegian notch. At the Canadian cutting is used a high-precision adjustment of logs, the gaps between the logs are not available, the cup has a trapezoidal shape, the walls look like a solid array, the seal remains invisible. A lack of chinks between the logs is achieved by using a special markup fixture and the insulation is placed along the beam in an insulating channel. Thus all natural curves of logs are keept that gives to each log an individual character. A feature of this technology is the conservation of a strong outer wood layer, which doesn’t make the walls freezing at low temperatures and increases the durability of the building. :arrow:
baltazar
Эксперт
Благодарил (а): 1 раз
Личное сообщение
The form of the groove, proposed by WHEurope, has a complex profile and I can’t call it "Roman". It is like a groove-a Roman crown. The name I give to the manufacturer):-) It may be a "know-how", combining a compensating kerf, a cable channel, the insulating channel, a groove and the actual cache to store valuables.
The attachment of logs, of course, is disgusting (you really excuse WHEurope). We look forward to more successful images of your work.
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Good afternoon! I live in Kazakhstan, Kokshetau, we have a severe winter, up to -45 to +45 in summer. I'm going to build a house of 160 square meters, a very narrow area of 14 m in width, so the house will be 8 to 10 and the attached garage in front 6 - 5. The question is from what to build, from timber 150-150 or beam of 25 cm in our region there are not many literate professionals - rather a lot of illiterate people):-). But I will definitely build from wood with a trim and an insulation from the outside, and an interior decoration, so there is no quality wood if there is a price, but the highest price). And the dilemma offers two options - 1. a log house. but what our builders make don’t really inspire a confidence. But if it is not so critical and you have to insulate and trim,so it would be a pretty attractive option, or 2. from the Ural timber of 150 to 150 but also with a trim and an insulation from the outside and the interior finish.
Please, advance your opinion??
buldozer
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
I made this photo on their site where they were cutting logs and then mount in a site by dowels, lay the insulation between crowns and saw openings for doors and windows. According to them, if then after a shrinkage, to insulate and finish from the outside, of course finish the interior, it will be standing at least for 50 years.:-))
baltazar
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Hello! Tell me, please a technology of the laying of Canadian cup and the corners of a framework.
expert
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
It is unlikely to consider the highly specialized technical issues in this topic.
All details of the Canadian logging you can see at a carpentry blog.
:geek:
constructor
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
I would like to dispel the myths about the Canadian felling.
Myth 1. When drying in the corner junction occurs a jamming of logs. As is well known the tree dries across the fibers and practically remains the same size in a length. There is disclosure of the seams during the shrinkage of the Canadian log home. No jamming of logs.
Myth 2. The Canadian log house needn’t for caulking after a shrinkage of a framework. Don’t do, look at the picture!.
Myth 3. A longitudinal groove of the Canadian log home can not produce a seal on the walls. Perhaps, from an aesthetic point of view, this is more beautiful. But, personally, as I see at this place in winter, the cavity saturated by steam. And the steam has no way out through the seal, as implemented in our log frames.
Myth 4. The Canadian cutting is not a notch, it's a stylized saw angle joint in “ochlop”. Let's call things by their right – the Canadian notch. The fact that the carpenters are not able to get the ax in the same place several times is not a problem of technology, but the problem of motor performers. Which, by the way, all our joggles turned into a gash.
Myth 5. The Canadian notch a priori muct be cheaper than a notch in “ochlop” as a more simplified technology reducing the quality, rather than vice versa. Hacking is always better than cutting and choping is better than trimming. This is elementary. :roll:
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
A complete happiness is available, as known, only for fulls. I mean that there are no ideal solutions. And in your comments there is a lot of truth, at least that a value of the shrinkage is proportional to the section of the material, and at the top of the cone, it will be less than in the center of the timber. At the shrinkage a displacement and a "compensation" are the same amount, and it is clear that for the central part that is not enough.
However, in the "Russian" notch, it does not happen.
According to you a tree is not vapor-permeable?
:mrgreen:
expert
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Calling the cutting in “ochlop”, I don’t mean a particular cutting, but a family of fellings with a bowl down. Also, there is a whole family of cutting in “oblich”with a bowl up. Don’t quibble. But the cutting in “oblo” was before, and in “oblich” got later its own name. There is a whole family of cutting in “ohryap” where the stem is cut on both sides. And really, there is some type of miracle a "saddle", but it is not important. And how in different parts of the world you will call the name of cutting, it doesn’t matter. They are all based on these three main cuttings with a residue.
On the subject of self locking. The angle joint along the length of the stem can not become longer or shrink. It remains the same. And a diametrical trunk, packed in angle joint resized downwards, but there will not be a self locking. The difference between the Canadian bowl and the bowl in “ochlop”only in the fact that one has straight walls and another one has roud walls. And therefore because of shrinkage one kind of notch will have direct gaps, and the other one the gaps described in a circle. Only trouble is that it can be difficult to treat the straight gaps narrowed to the heart with a sealant, but you can do it with the round cracks. And where is the advantage? There is the gap but you can't insulate it or the gap that you culd be able to caulk? A rhetorical question doesn't require an answer.

As for the vapor permeability of wood. I am not so naive as not to distinguish between the vapor permeability of a solid stem and a sealant and the vapor permeability of the thin wooden partition superimposed on a temperature field. Certainly, I don’t argue that the dew will fall there. This should be considered for concrete conditions and specific wall thickness. And I don’t wanna do it. I just see the difference between the tongue and the groove repeating a hump of the log. And this difference is not in favor of a closed cavity. I don’t wanna join the discussion on the theme "let's count". If you are interested in this fact, then, please read the textbook by Fokine's "a heat engineering”.

Now on the issue of quality. I think is not worth discussing angle joints made by saw, so everything is clear. They have the same result. The saw rough fibers turning them into a sponge collecting superconducting pairs with all the ensuing consequences for organics. The log house will not stand probably for 100 years. I say probably, because I don’t have such experience of observing log cabins so long. But working in the restoration, I had the opportunity to observe log houses that were far beyond a hundred years. The Canadian notch is originally coined by the saw, (although of course and it can be cut and hewn for sure when people want to do something eternal). In addition, in the Canadian notch is cut rust flies. Again, it is difficult to deny that any unnecessary intervention (even an ax) in a solid wood, just reduce a log life.
constructor
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
First of all, I’m glad that you are sympathetic to wooden buildings.
Within this forum, which is not specialized, many issues are considerated fairly simply, without going into specifics of the issue.This theme is no exception.
Therefore, if I talked about the fact that the Canadian logging is a "twin" of the Russian notch “in the saddle" - it's not entirely true. Unfortunately this is not the case.
I'm afraid that discribing the merits of the Canadian notch, you simply do not understand (and as it follows from your post) the main difference of the cutting, which is called the Canadian for convenience from the other methods.
The key is that it has not a trapezoidal form of angle joint, but notches on logs.
;) ;)
expert
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
A forum topic sounds like a "Russian, Canadian and Norwegian log cabin. What to choose?". And I would probably not intervene in the discussion, and as usually would passe on. If the timid attempts of some members of the forum would show the true face of those types of notches. 8-) 8-)
You’re writting, that "the main thing in the Canadian notch is not a trapezoidal form, but notches on the logs." And what's so special in it? I will continue your answer. Undisputed and the main advantage of this type of notch is its adaptability. It has no equal among the log cabins from round logs. The log cabin of the Canadian notch can be placed on a conveyor, which distinguishes it from our log cabins. You do not need the skilled carpenters. Wherefore it is adopted everywhere. What does want a customer which doesn’t want milled logs?.. "I want a frame by hand." And we have it. A handicraft. "I want it quickly." What could be faster. "I would like tight coners". And there will not be cracks. And then when it dried, the logs will lock, because of a trapezoidal form. And the customer not knowing about a shinkage, will shallow this misinformation. And the name of Canadian, Norwegian or Scandinavian finally will finish off. What we can create?but the Canadian is another cup of tea! And we can just drink “vodka”. The thousand-year history of wooden architecture, which has nobody else, it doesn’t count. A retro sucks. And the fact that these technologies were not just developed, but literally licked to perfection, is not counted. We worship a pop, and the Canadian notch is a pop, which, as I said, has the only one advantage – a adaptability. But the manufacturability rocks. The beauty of the Canadian log home, well, it’s a moot point. Someone like silicone lips and breasts, and some people like natural. Everybody ought to do his own thing. In principle, I expressed what I think and the comparison of log cabins contradict many postulates of the Canadian manufacturers of the framework.
constructor
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
As an example, what I have before my eyes. The House-Museum of Tsvetayeva’s sisters. The House as opposed to the house of Peter in St. Petersburg was not under the auspices of the state. It has been there for hundred years. When builders tried to restore on public money, as it was turned out that it was not to be restored. It’s not possinlt to restore a dust (of rotten wood). It was decided to cut down a replica of that house and put in place. For your information, the log house was from a mast. The angle joint as I rember was the Norwegian notch (but I can not tell a lie and, perhaps, the halving). But it was precisely the angle joint and not a gash. And there's another example, the usual cottage of my wife's grandmother, of course, without any state patronage. The cutting in “ochlop”. Logs, as logs, no impregnations. The house is 130 years and it will stand more than 30 years.
And there is no protection against decay, but the life span of log cabins was decided by trimming. And you compare the Canadian notch and the Russian angle joint. The answer is clear.
Another question whether children will need this house, as outdated, and the same question is more social, but not a technical one. I say only that the Russian notch, even if it is made by a saw, yields to the Canadian notch and even surpasses it, because of wrench flats. There is no question of caulking or not. There are also craks. But I repeat myself. :cry:
baltazar
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
The cutting of corners in Valdai region. In the area of the Valdai reserve. It seems to me that it has been cut even before the revolution and we haven’t heard about the Canadian notch. The lower bowl. The notch begins up to the bowl and goes out.

:P
bill
Эксперт
Личное сообщение
Another option is a "double-scribe lateral groove. :?:
Поделиться:

Вернуться в «Timber houses from Russia information and feedback»

Войти через социальную сеть

Быстрая регистрация и авторизация через социальную сеть ®

Вход

Имя пользователя: Пароль: