Yeahh, a few moments..
1. Heating of wood to the center of logs, lumber, etc. at 65-70 degrees for 30 minutes guaranteed destroys any timber worms, at this temperature, takes place the decay / destruction of protein (drying chamber), but evenly to heat the structure at this temperature is not real.
2. The treatment with ozone theoretically copes with this problem, but the ozone concentration must be at least 150-200 miligram cubic meter – it’s also unreal. In addition, ozone is a strong oxidant.
3. All kinds of impregnation (including superexpensive that penetrate for 5-8 cm in depth that is incredible, but accoding to the manufacturer they still penetrate) protect against mold, bark beetles, wood fretters, etc. but a very short time because the mode of action of these impregnation substance, as mentioned above, has its own validity. The basic direction is to prevent the infection while the wood is still raw. When it is completely dry and became firmer, it will be much difficult to gnaw it. but it’s still possible. Therefore, all possible insurance arrangements for 10-15 years, are totally untrue. MANUFACTURERS of impregnations don’t be offended BUT YOUR TOOLS are not a universal panacea.
4. You can soak the wood by all kinds of oil, copper sulfate, etc., but then the question arises - why do you have a wood house? The beauty of a wooden house disappears. Then, its simply to build the home fro railway sleepers. there will be nothing to live.
5. You can fill holes, that gnawn through, with anything, but who can guarantee that this will come to the right place and will affect - the moves are very long, and there is no guarantee that you have filled all the holes.
6. You make a lot of examples that houses are 100 or 200 and more years, and they are OK. I agree, but at the time, people choose different timbers, logs and boards. Now, we are buying what we have, not thinking about what we buy and where. And if we are thinking, the seller are telling you anything just to sell - unfortunately it is a reality. Even 20-30 years ago all boards passed drying chamber or chemical drying (a pink color of boards and timbers), and there were not such problems. And, now, we don’t know what kind wood is sawn and goes directly from a sawmill to a consumer. Any certificate is out of the question.
Constantly, I deal with customers who ordered the construction of the house, bath turnkey from the well known construction firms, which guarantee the quality of materials, but really - a material with many holes.
7. I have to say that under a strong infection, bugs gnaw not only timbers, logs, but just a batten. the last example: the beginning of June, the lawn-and-garden association near Mikhnevo, the batten like a sieve. According to the owner, buying the house, the batten was ideal last year. The reason is milled and unbarked wood for the grillage.
8. And, don’t forget the primitive desire to save money on construction, when you are given an acquaintance a cheap frame, or , for example, a sub-floor material is bought cheaply because it is still not be seen. But, when workers sell to your neighbor a good stuff..Because you don't build the house yourself, and you can’t control everything.